sc947-02 group buy

jrebman

DIY power supply for squeeze box
« Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2007, 09:41 pm »
Josh,

Ok, I'll be in for a total of 3 -- one for each SB, and another for  an as yet to be named DAC -- as a someday thing.

-- Jim

MarkM

« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2007, 10:59 pm »
I'm in for four as well.

rotcoddam

« Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2007, 11:14 pm »
OK Josh,
    I'll take 2. Thanks for putting this together. Sounds like it will be well worth the effort.
Marty
(Rotcoddam, or "Mad Doctor" spelled backwards).

2wo

« Reply #23 on: 14 Apr 2007, 03:01 am »
I will go for 2wo  :wink:...John

randytsuch

« Reply #24 on: 14 Apr 2007, 06:02 am »
For some reason, I thought you were talking about power trannys, and I don't really need a digital tranny, already have some, so I will pass on this buy.

Randy

crooner

« Reply #25 on: 14 Apr 2007, 06:40 am »
I was thinking about using a single transformer for my SB2, but perhaps I should get an extra one for my DAC as well.

I'm in for 2, but only if we are getting the $11.50 ea group purchase price. If not, I can order them myself.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #26 on: 14 Apr 2007, 03:12 pm »
What the hey ... I'll take two of the transformers as well in case I ever get up the nerve to slap one inside my Cary CDP/DAC.  Or if I damage one trying to install it in the SB3.

Thanks!

Builder Brad

« Reply #27 on: 14 Apr 2007, 07:14 pm »
Hi Josh,

count me in for 4

Builder Brad

« Reply #28 on: 14 Apr 2007, 07:53 pm »
.....actually I will only need 2 not 4, I just got a bit enthusiastic for a second. I would consider more if there were other applications for this component such as in DACS like the Paridisea.

Brad

JoshK

« Reply #29 on: 14 Apr 2007, 09:41 pm »
Below is the original post, left here for continuity, but is incorrect as stated, as Gary most graciously pointed out to me.  He is absolutely right, I was too quick and not thinking straight or something...  :duh:

should work for any dac.  basically you should see the input of the sp/dif terminated with a 75 ohm resistor to ground and that should be replaced with the transformer.

It should say that you want to place the input transformer in parrallel in front of the 75R resistor, not replaced.  The transformer in essence reflects the 75 ohm load onto the primary 'seen' by the transmitter. 
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2007, 02:58 pm by JoshK »

mgalusha

« Reply #30 on: 14 Apr 2007, 10:46 pm »
I'm in for 2 Josh, thanks for putting this together. PM me when you are ready for the $$.

Mike

Builder Brad

« Reply #31 on: 15 Apr 2007, 06:31 am »
Thank-you Josh

I will go for 2 then as I am using a Paridisea DAC which only has I input and this is connected to my Squeezebox.

What is the easiest way to send the money?

I can do Paypal ect.

Brad

Brian T.

« Reply #32 on: 16 Apr 2007, 04:24 pm »
Hi Josh,

Can you put me down for 4 off SC974-02 please.  I am doing a couple of SB3/ART DI/O combos.

Cheers!

hanguy

Re: sc947-02 group buy
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2007, 04:53 pm »
Hi Josh,

Please count me in for 4. Just let me know how to pay for them. Thanks.

Mike

JoshK

« Reply #34 on: 16 Apr 2007, 04:53 pm »
ok, brian, will put you down.

i think i am going to let this go for a little longer to see if we can't get the count up a little higher and hopefully make the point of discount.  it doesn't seem like anyone so far is chomping at the bit to get them, so a week or so isn't going to hurt.

tonyptony

« Reply #35 on: 16 Apr 2007, 05:19 pm »
Josh, I'm a little confused. Are you doing the trannies, the cases, or both?

JoshK

« Reply #36 on: 16 Apr 2007, 05:23 pm »
i'm sorry to have confused the topic with the case tangent.  there is no case group buy, that was just a pie in the sky idea.

this group buy is about the digital output transformers only.

tanchiro58

« Reply #37 on: 16 Apr 2007, 06:11 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Anybody are interested in purchasing of SC947-02 would like to know this. First, I am not related to anybody at Scientific Conversion and not working or get any contributes from Jon Paul but I am here to share how good is the SC947-02 in my SB3 right now. I am enjoying my music very much after installing SC947-02 and now planning to install another one into my DAC tonight (as the way JoshK is introducing about Jon Paul's research). If I can do it you can do it too since I am only a DIY amateur for awhile. This kind of mod is easier and cheaper than you spend hundreds for such thing that you keep spending more and more. Either I or F100 will post a short review after we have done the job. You will be amazed with SC947-02's modifications. Good luck to all.:lol: :thumb:

F-100

« Reply #38 on: 16 Apr 2007, 08:13 pm »
Sorry all!! I haven't posted here for a while.. I've been on vacation and busy with other important things in life. :)

First, we need to thank Gary (GBB) for sharing this mod with us. Secondly, I totally agree with Tanchiro58 about the performance of the SC947-02 upgrade. I have listened to other modded SB3, including Bolder's digital modded with Gold Bybee and RWA analog modded SB3 and none of them sound better than this mod. I have to say that the SC947-02 is unbelievable. There is a noticeable increase in clarity and detail.

I highly recommend you all to try out this $20 mod before shell out several hundred bucks for other mods.  Trust me on this one, you will thanks me and Gary later.  :D

Thanks Gary (GBB) for providing us this mod!!! :thumb: :thumb:

crooner

« Reply #39 on: 16 Apr 2007, 10:39 pm »
I'm thinking of doing this mod on my SB2. Since I will be transferring it to a new case I have plenty of space to shield the transformer and do some other rearranging. I'm guessing the SB2 also has the inductors at the digital output that need to be bypassed.

I also plan to add another transformer to my DAC60, but I haven't analized that circuit yet. I figure, why not go all the way and have transformers at tboth output and receiver ends!

Like I stated earlier, I'm in for 2 trannies. Any update on the group buy? How many more to go?