The Pirates of the Caribean

Woodsea

« on: 31 Jul 2003, 02:13 am »
The Black Pearl is fantastic ride, with Johnny Depp at the Helm.  The story is strong (I thought), the visual effects were awesome (in my eyes) and the acting by Mr. Depp beyond reproach.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2003, 04:15 am »
Did it feel to be a few minutes (5-10 maybe) longer than it needed to be to you?

I highly enjoyed it. And I tried to watch it again tonight, but it was damn near sold out so I watched the first part of T3 again.

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2003, 10:13 am »
The last fight seemed a little long by about a 1-2 minutes.  So did the last scene.  This will without a doubt find itself in my DVD collection.

Dozer

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2003, 04:38 am »
I had fun with the movie, but I could not get past the notion that Johnny Depp was doing a Keith Richards impersonation the whole time.   Doesn't make him a bad guy (Depp was one of my picks for best actors of our generation), but it definitely seemed to be influenced by Keith.    

Also, that pirate with the glass eye.... tell me that he wasn't imitating "Dim" from A Clockwork Orange.

A fun movie - but I was distracted by these similarities.   Once something like that gets in your head it's hard to shake it off.

gary

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2003, 02:33 am »
johnny depp said he modeled his character after keith richards, as pirates were the rockstars of their day (his words).

the movie was great, my only complaint was that it was just too long, as other posters have noted.

-gary