Bybee Filter Option

Bwanagreg

Bybee Filter Option
« on: 7 Jan 2003, 05:00 pm »
Louis,

I mentioned to you the idea of offering Bybee filters soldered to the driver as an option once. I thought this would be a good topic to post here to gauge interest, or to see if anyone has tried this on their own. I have only heard Bybee's on Bolder Nitros and in the Modwright DAC modes, never isolated by themselves. Given the word of mouth on these things, I'd love to hear how the the Omega crossoverless "microscopes" would respond to them.

Louis O

Bybee Filters
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2003, 05:30 am »
Hi Greg,

I just read a little about the Bybee filters on Enjoythemusic and I would like to try them out. I will give them a call and order them. Looks very interesting. Also I have the litz internal cable and plan to send them out this week.

The Moray James Cryo cables are available and a special edition TS1R Grande will be available with these cables.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bwanagreg

Bybee Filter Option
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2003, 08:36 pm »
Great to hear Louis.

Do you expect to be re-selling the Moray James cables stand-alone soon, or only as internal hook-up wire in the special editions near-term?

Louis O

Bybee Filter Option
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2003, 02:39 am »
Hi Greg,

I'm planning to sell the Moray James speaker cables as well. They are very well made and I might be putting a package together with internal and external cables included. We are still figuring out the costs. I'll have the system ready for the show.

Thanks,
Louis

maxwalrath

Bybee Filter Option
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2005, 08:23 pm »
Louis, how did bybees work out on your speakers?

Bwanagreg

Bybee Filter Option
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2005, 05:00 pm »
I've been using Cryoteaks speaker bybees for a long time now and love them with Omega TS-1's. They smooth out the sound in a positive way and add depth and detail to the soundstage. Less subtle than you would think. I know Louis was interested in trying them out - don't know if he ever did given his continuing rise to stardom   8)