Interesting Chinese amp. Has anyone seen or tried this?

ThomDP

Has anyone seen or tried this interesting little integrated amp from China?

Thanks
Dennis

shep

Re: Interesting Chinese amp. Has anyone seen or tried this?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2007, 06:35 am »
Link to? looks nice

ThomDP

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2007, 02:57 pm »
It's also a 12W SE amplifier with very impressive specs. For ~$500 incl. shipping. And looks good. Not too bad.

Looking at the output trannies, I'm not sure if the THD and frequency range is what it says  :scratch:

If you need just a headphone amp, you can find proven great designs for same $$ or less.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2007, 04:46 pm »
.. or there's the 12 WPC 300B version from the same seller for $498 +$90 shipping (with hard-to-believe frequency response specs, although the transformers are bigger by far)
http://tinyurl.com/3ygnbu

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2007, 04:57 pm »
.. or there's the 12 WPC 300B version from the same seller for $498 +$90 shipping (with hard-to-believe frequency response specs, although the transformers are bigger by far)
http://tinyurl.com/3ygnbu

That one looks very good. But 12W with 300B  :scratch: and S/N ratio of 90dB   :shake:

aerius

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2007, 07:21 pm »
I've seen & heard something very similar if not exactly the same in a local audio store under the AudioSpace brand, but I'll have to dig out my brochure to be sure.  I didn't get to try the headphone outs, but it worked pretty nicely with the Aurum Cantus bookshelf speakers.  Too tubey & slow for my tastes, but it kept the speakers in balance.

ThomDP

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2007, 08:19 pm »
I definatley don't think you can believe everything you read about these amps.

I'm wondering if this amp would match well with my Phase Tech speakers which are fairly efficient and neutral sounding. If the headphone output is of decent enough quality to drive my HD600's I can sell my Creek Headphone amp.

Dennis