New Olive software update as of April 4

Flashman

• Devialet Expert 220 Pro and Vivd Oval 1.5s
New Olive software update as of April 4
« on: 5 Apr 2007, 02:17 am »
All Olive Owners,

There's a new software update as of today that you may download to your players -- it's 2.3.13.

Oddly enough, the www.olive.us (the U.S. distributor) site never posts updates in a timely fashion, and you hardly ever get the details of software updates.

If you go to the European (Hifidelio) site, however, you get the update info the same day updates are loaded.

You can access the info here:

http://www.hermstedt.com/english/hifidelio/service/update.html#SW_2_3_13

One caution: the software loaded and installed okay... but I had to tweak my network settings a bit to get the Olive to connect wirelessly again.  Not sure why that happened.

Enjoy the music!

Flashman

John Casler

Re: New Olive software update as of April 4
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2007, 02:21 am »
I called OLIVE's attention to that update today, and they said that they were checking the code, to make sure it worked with their mods before posting it.

Flashman

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2007, 09:36 am »
John,

Thanks for the reply from Olive.  Curiously, they will not post the update on their web site but they make the update available from their player when you simply push the software update button.  If they were concerned about the code, it seems to me they would not make it available for download from their player.  Now, maybe it has something to do with the European partner which I believe writes the code: perhaps the update needs to be available on a worldwide basis, no matter where your device is distributed.

Flashman

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2007, 01:34 pm »
Hi Flashman,

Thanks for letting us know about the update.

From the HiFidelio website:

Changes in Hifidelio software version 2.3.13 from 04.04.2007

New features:

Browser interface "Leonore": the meta information (e.g. title of a song, artist, album, etc.) can be edited by clicking directly in the corresponding field (function "Click&Edit").

Die network settings ("Settings & Specials" > "Network" > "Configuration") have been revised and simplifyed: the option "Network connection" has been replaced by the option "Internet via". When the WLAN connection is activated, you set here if Hifidelio will connect to the Internet via Ethernet or via WLAN.

UPnP/AV Renderer: besides the UPnP/AV server and the UPnP/AV client, a UPnP/AV renderer is now integrated in the Hifidelio software. Hifidelio can thus be remote controlled by UPnP/AV devices ("UPnP/AV Control Point"), e.g. with the help of UPnP/AV remote control units of third-party manufacturers. You active this service under "Settings & Specials" > "Network" > "Services" > "UPnP/AV Remote Control".

Adjustments:

The music playback is stopped at the launch of the firmware update.

The IP address of the internal network has been changed to 192.168.72.1 in order to guarantee a better compatibility to routers of third-party manufacturers.

Songs which cannot be played back are now skipped instead of leading to the interruption of the playback (streaming via UPnP/AV or DAAP protocol).

Software bug fixes:

Restoring data with the help of the Hifidelio backup hard disk is no longer stopped by errors (e.g. in case of corrupted date).

The play view is updated faster when switching to the next song.

Internet Radio:
- Short interruptions or disturbances have been corrected.
- Stored Ogg/Vorbis Internet radio stations are now played back correctly.

WPA: the WPA encryption on Hifidelio now works also with WLAN access points supporting both WAP and WAP2.

During the sleep mode, the Hifidelio hard disk no longer wakes up each hour when the time is set simultaneously to "set automatically".

General improvements of the speed, stability, and UPnP/AV service.

Open issues:

Tunes 7: communication with iTunes 7 is today only possible as follow: iTunes 7 acts as client and Hifidelio as server. We recommend to use the Firefly server software (see Tips & Tricks "Communication between Hifidelio as a client and iTunes as a server").

It looks like the SW update changes some WLAN settings, so this explains why you had to tweak your network settings to get it to work again.

I am going to update my modded Olive later tonight and see how this works.

Thanks again!

Vinnie

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2007, 03:34 pm »
John,

Thanks for the reply from Olive.  Curiously, they will not post the update on their web site but they make the update available from their player when you simply push the software update button.  If they were concerned about the code, it seems to me they would not make it available for download from their player.  Now, maybe it has something to do with the European partner which I believe writes the code: perhaps the update needs to be available on a worldwide basis, no matter where your device is distributed.

Flashman

Truth be known, they seemed "suprised" when I told them about it.

I have posted the links to the Olive forum

http://oliveusergroup.proboards59.com/index.cgi?board=links&action=display&thread=1175787049

And as well the link below to the HiFidelio Newsletter which seems much faster in notifying of these upgrades.

http://www.hermstedt.com/english/hifidelio/newsletter/hifidelio_newsletter.php

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2007, 09:27 pm »
Just received the following message from OLIVE:

Thanks for the info about the LinkSys. Also, I was recommended not to install the latest version of software that Hifidelio has put out due to it's conflicts with the web interface. If you don't use the web interface, then it's probably fine to use. I'll let you know if I hear anything more about future updates.

Not sure what that conflict is, or if it is the one Flashman solved already.

Flashman

Re: New Olive software update as of April 5
« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2007, 11:13 pm »
John,

I resolved the conflict -- had to tweak the Internet settings to get connected again.

But, guess what...

There is yet another software update tonight...

2.3.14!

Perhaps this was put out to resolve the issue I -- and most likely others -- had with the 2.3.13 update.

Go figure.

all best, Flash

ehart

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2007, 01:48 am »
I just installed the 2.3.14.  No problem with my wireless settings; everything continued to work as before. 

Also Internet radio is working again, which it wasn't for awhile.

- Eric

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2007, 03:04 pm »
I just installed the 2.3.14.  No problem with my wireless settings; everything continued to work as before. 

Also Internet radio is working again, which it wasn't for awhile.

- Eric

All,

I just installed 2.3.14, and just like Eric reported, all is well!  :thumb:

Best regards,

Vinnie