Nomad Audio Ronin Speakers for sale

westcoast

Re: Nomad Audio Ronin Speakers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2007, 01:22 am »
http://gon4.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1175688381.jpg

Nice speaks!!  Someone's going to be very happy...

mca

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2007, 03:17 am »
Up for sale again, eh?

Audioexcels

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2007, 04:42 am »
Up for sale again, eh?

Back up for good.  $2600 price for Audiocircle members. :drool:

chgolatin2

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2007, 06:57 am »
Nice sounding speakers personally reviewed and listen at home for a nice trial period, very impressive speaker :thumb:

gooberdude

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2007, 02:27 pm »
I had a chance to hear these at ChcgoLatin's place last weekend....a VERY cool speaker design.

At about 50% off retail somebody is gettin a good deal!

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2007, 07:48 pm »
Hey folks -  :flame: great deal.  I've had these in my house too and they are insanely good for this kind of money.  If I didn't already have so many irons in the fire already...

Good luck with the sale.

Tom

Audioexcels

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2007, 12:46 am »
Too bad people do not seem to know much about them...a few interested, but nothing much yet.  If I wasn't retiring audio at this point in life, and saw these for sale, I'd grab them asap.  I hope Paul knows just how wonderful his work is and how many happy campers he's made in us who have had the opportunity to own them.  I've heard a ton of very expensive and of course not so expensive speakers and these have been my favorite.

Happy listening all!!!

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2007, 01:39 am »
Smokin' hot deal here, more than half off.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact either the seller or myself!

-Paul

eric the red

« Reply #9 on: 6 Apr 2007, 04:11 am »
I'm TRYING to get home and listen to them but am stuck in Alabama til Monday :evil:

Audioexcels

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2007, 06:49 am »
I'm TRYING to get home and listen to them but am stuck in Alabama til Monday :evil:

A big bunny bump for the hopefully safe Eric the Red and all others on this Easter!!!
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2007, 05:07 am by Audioexcels »

Audioexcels

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2007, 09:31 pm »
Maybe I should have Wilson Audio put a plate with their signature on them so they can be sold for $25K.

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2007, 10:32 pm »
Maybe I should have Wilson Audio put a plate with their signature on them so they can be sold for $25K.

no joke.  this is the problem with small known speakers.  they will walk all over speakers that fly off the shelf for multiples more, but get no respect because they don't have the bragging rights.

hartwerger

« Reply #13 on: 14 Apr 2007, 05:55 pm »
How much power is recommended to run those Ronins?  With a 87db sensitivity rating, I'm sure my Music Reference RM-10 at 35 watts wouldn't cut it, would it?

Audioexcels

« Reply #14 on: 14 Apr 2007, 10:47 pm »
How much power is recommended to run those Ronins?  With a 87db sensitivity rating, I'm sure my Music Reference RM-10 at 35 watts wouldn't cut it, would it?

If it is a clean 35 watts, you will get sufficient output.  I have driven them with a 40ish per channel tube amp and it filled the entire room with plenty of volume.  If it is not enough output, the designer has the plate amplifier option that is $500, and provides an active circuitry made for the bass portion, along with a band of parametric eq to tailor any in room response issues.  This enables one to use even a 20 watt triode amp to drive the top part.  The top portion is extremely sensitive, but the bass drivers need a bit to bring them out.  I would say either a solid 40-100 watt tube amplifier (not many out there that I feel are that great, but if you have experienced a clean signal of 40 watts, it will get very loud and the bass is very robust) or a solid 200 watts a side solid state/class D/etc. type amplifier would drive the full-range passive design excellently.  I think it is quite relative to the listening space, how loud you listen, etc.  With the 40 watt tube amp I had, it drove them very loud and I have high standards when it comes to what loud means, and this is in a pretty good sized room.

eric the red

« Reply #15 on: 14 Apr 2007, 10:57 pm »
I'm still in CA btw :evil:

TomS

« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2007, 11:00 pm »

If it is a clean 35 watts, you will get sufficient output.  I have driven them with a 40ish per channel tube amp and it filled the entire room with plenty of volume.  If it is not enough output, the designer has the plate amplifier option that is $500, and provides an active circuitry made for the bass portion, along with a band of parametric eq to tailor any in room response issues.  This enables one to use even a 20 watt triode amp to drive the top part.  The top portion is extremely sensitive, but the bass drivers need a bit to bring them out.  I would say either a solid 40-100 watt tube amplifier (not many out there that I feel are that great, but if you have experienced a clean signal of 40 watts, it will get very loud and the bass is very robust) or a solid 200 watts a side solid state/class D/etc. type amplifier would drive the full-range passive design excellently.  I think it is quite relative to the listening space, how loud you listen, etc.  With the 40 watt tube amp I had, it drove them very loud and I have high standards when it comes to what loud means, and this is in a pretty good sized room.
I completely agree with the plate amp suggestion.  That would be really nice and gives great flexibility in the top end amp choice.  In my case, I drove the pants off them with Joule VZN100's (100w class A OTL's) full range with no problems.  I also found that the mid/top end really was not real sensitive to room placement changes.  They always sounded great and imaged beautifully.  The bottom end, on the other hand, was quite sensitive to placement as you'd expect, but when it was right, it was very smooth and well integrated to the tops.  I use a lot of traps too, which helps a ton.

Audioexcels

« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2007, 11:50 pm »

Audioexcels

« Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2007, 09:47 pm »
$2400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOWEST PRICE I WILL TAKE...

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #19 on: 15 Apr 2007, 10:24 pm »
I regularly listen with a DIY Hi-Fi Supply "Ella" integrated using KT88's and it is good for all but the loudest and lowest, but most of those listening sessions only come up when 'testing' things out.

-Paul