running two pairs of B200s in winged OB with a different amp

texendo

I'm running two pairs of the B200s in parallel in a winged open baffle with no inductors, caps, binding posts, anything.  Currently they're being driven by a Red Wine Sig 30, but my vintage Sansui 1000A has been resurrected and I wanna try it out.  The 40x2 pp amp has a switch on the back with either 8 or 16 ohm impedance.  How should I drive the pair of B200s?  What combo of wiring and impedance do I need; I'm very willing to experiment with the sound, but are any of these combos dangerous for the hardware?  Please excuse my electronics ignorance, but thank you very much in advance for any pointers/caveats.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
I would recommend using both amps and putting a 12mH inductor on the lower driver OR just using the Sig 30 with the drivers paralleled. Your Sansui more than likely can't handle the 3 ohm load of the drivers in parallel.

Lin
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2007, 02:59 am by opnly bafld »

texendo

I actually have a pair of inductors i used for a while, but I just don't care for what they do to the sound.  Would wiring the b200s in series raise the speaker load to 12 ohms?  Then would the 8 or 16 ohm selector switch be better?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Did you just use the inductors on one pair of drivers?
I can't imagine that both drivers running fullrange sounds better than a 1.5 way configuration.

If you wire them in series fullrange try both settings on the amp and see if one sounds better.

Lin