7N Ohno continuous cast cable

artaudio

• Industry Participant
7N Ohno continuous cast cable
« on: 1 Apr 2007, 03:03 pm »
We offer 7N OCC solid core & multistrand wire for interconnect, internal wiring , RCA, speaker cable.
www.ahfartaudio.com

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Re: 7N Ohno continuous cast cable
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2007, 06:24 pm »
And under which of those tabs would we find that wire?  I didn't.

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2007, 06:31 pm »

It's here.
http://www.ahfartaudio.com/components/wires.html

I've known about this website for a long time, but I'm somewhat hesitant to order any wire from a website based in Singapore(?).  How the heck am I ever going to confirm this stuff is 'really' 7N Ohno?

shep

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2007, 08:16 pm »

It's here.

I've known about this website for a long time, but I'm somewhat hesitant to order any wire from a website based in Singapore(?).  How the heck am I ever going to confirm this stuff is 'really' 7N Ohno?
I can't re-assure you about the last question, I doubt if anyone could know for sure! What I do know is that I've twice ordered the self-same wire from them and it sounds great. Both times (because I'm weird and trusting) I sent them cash. I guess anyone could print a copy of the 7N Ohno certificate and put it on their web-site but they would be silly to do so and anyway, for the prices they ask I had no hesitation in ordering. Nice people; prompt and helpfull. NO I am in no way affiliated, just a satisfied customer. This wire is as good solid core as you will get (and NO I have no way to back up that statement!) aa

Jon L

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2007, 05:54 am »

It's here.

I can't re-assure you about the last question, I doubt if anyone could know for sure! What I do know is that I've twice ordered the self-same wire from them and it sounds great. Both times (because I'm weird and trusting) I sent them cash. I guess anyone could print a copy of the 7N Ohno certificate and put it on their web-site but they would be silly to do so and anyway, for the prices they ask I had no hesitation in ordering. Nice people; prompt and helpfull. NO I am in no way affiliated, just a satisfied customer. This wire is as good solid core as you will get (and NO I have no way to back up that statement!) aa

Did you get the silver or copper, in what AWG?  I assume you got the Teflon, not PVC. 
And in what application did they sound great?

shep

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2007, 07:31 am »
I got the copper/teflon version. I'm using it in single (twisted and untwisted) runs for speaker wire. I should say that Robert (that's his name) wasn't overjoyed at my insistance on sending cash :oops:
By the by, what's with this Singapore thing? "but I'm somewhat hesitant to order any wire from a website based in Singapore" I don't see anyone hesitating to order from Malasia (Nick's pre's)on the strength of someone's initial discovery. If I could have gotten this closer to home, I would have! If you have a look at what's going on at the "Asian rim", you will see a lot of serious, inventive audiophile activity and a lot of dedicated DIY'ers. I live in France. The prices are generally ridiculous here and local sourcing non-existant.