A new Rush CD to be released soon

Housteau

A new Rush CD to be released soon
« on: 30 Mar 2007, 08:29 pm »

It looks like this will be out very soon.  I have been a Rush fan since seeing the 2112 concert tour back when I was a yute :).

Unfortunately while their last release, Vapor Trails, had some of their best work ever, the CD mastering was a benchmark of what not to do.  The studio work was completely destroyed by the mastering process.  Unfortunately in the days of high compression CD releases this happens all to often to the music we love.  I hope their new work will not suffer the same fate.

Here is an excellent article on the bad mastering of Vapor Trails.  Even if you do not particularly like Rush, I think you will find this article enlightening.

http://www.geocities.com/ukguitaristring/over_the_limit.html
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2007, 09:39 pm by Housteau »

Antman27

Re: A new Rush CD to be released soon
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2007, 09:59 pm »
It will be out on May first .You can listen to the first track on line www.rush.com and it is on itunes already
I have my tickets for the beach show July 2
Cant wait!!

The_KiD

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2007, 02:22 pm »
Yea, I am really digging the single on iTunes..

KiD

Antman27

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2007, 03:29 pm »
Hey a Plus when I bought my Tix from Ticketmaster for the Rush show -Ticketmaster gave me 2 free itunes downloads
One was the new rush song Far Cry and I do love it!
I am a Huge rush fan but I would say the last studio album that I Love every song know every lick and lyric is Grace Under Pressure
Power Windows had some OK tunes
Hold your Fire was a bit better
Presto -Superconductor was great but but overall just OK
Roll The Bones was a good overall cd
Counterparts had some great songs and some bad ones Animate, stick it out ,Leave That Thing Alone all great BUT Nobody's Hero ahhhhhhh
Test for Ehco good overall
Vapor Trails is OK also
For me I think Hemispheres is the best listen start to finish
Rush-Fly By Night -Caress Of Steel-2112-A Farewell To Kings-Permanent Waves-Moving Pictures (Vital Signs the most underrated song on that one)  all are GREAT
Signals was just OK for me
That said its time to connect the Ipod and put it on RUSH Shuffle
Oh yea I also think Alex Geddy and Neil are 3 of the most talented musicans around and they are amazing together