Tempest in blue

Wardsweb

Tempest in blue
« on: 29 Mar 2007, 09:18 pm »
Hey Klaus how you like the "house of blue light"? I knew I liked Odyssey in blue.

Eduardo AAVM

Re: Tempest in blue
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2007, 03:13 am »
Do not show, not show this picture to me !!!  :drool:

I am just dying to get my Tempest converted to that incredible silver/black looking.

BobC

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2007, 01:25 pm »
That looks wonderful!  :thumb: I assume that's plastic, like lexan?  Did you simply insert some blue LED's?  Can you please give some construction details?  I was thinking about building a couple of amp stands that glowed like that.

Nice work!

Bob

Wardsweb

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2007, 02:11 pm »
That looks wonderful!  :thumb: I assume that's plastic, like lexan?  Did you simply insert some blue LED's?  Can you please give some construction details?  I was thinking about building a couple of amp stands that glowed like that.

Nice work!

Bob
The Clearaudio Champion II table comes that way and the amp stands I had built by Tate over at customisolation.com. The blue light comes from some cold cathode neon like used by the "pimp my computer" crowd. The lights are held on with some Blue Tac. Simple fix but works very well.  I run them off a 12VDC wall wart.

Cellist

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2007, 02:48 pm »
Very, very nice! :D

BobC

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2007, 05:52 pm »
"The blue light comes from some cold cathode neon like used by the "pimp my computer" crowd."

Well unfortunately my computer is not that cool.  :green: Perhaps you could point me to a website to a specific cold cathode neon assembly?  Is this something you can get at Home Depot / Lowes / Parts Express?

Thanks!

Wardsweb

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2007, 06:17 pm »
I got them off Ebay of all places. Here is the guy, just do a search for cold cathode:
http://stores.ebay.com/DC-NET-LIVE
If he's out, just seach Ebay. They come in 4" and 12" lenghts.

BobC

« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2007, 06:24 pm »
Thanks for the tip!  :thumb:

Vr3

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2007, 03:20 am »
Wards - did you happen to pick up the Shanling gear from Brad on CP?

Great gear!

Wardsweb

« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2007, 12:45 pm »
Wards - did you happen to pick up the Shanling gear from Brad on CP?

Great gear!

All the Shanling stuff came new from Brian over at Venus Hi-Fi. The Tempest is the best pre I have had in the system. Plenty of gain, great phono stage and dead quiet. It took a while to find a pre that had the synergy to dial the system in, but the hunt was worth it. Thanks Klaus for a fantastic preamp.

lazydays

« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2007, 04:29 pm »
Hey Klaus how you like the "house of blue light"? I knew I liked Odyssey in blue.

funny thing you called it "the house of blue lights"! Just a few minutes north of the "Klaus Ranch" there is the old Test mansion. This place was surrounded by blues lights inside and out. Place was supposed to be haunted and all the odd things that go along with it. Anyway it was also called "The House Of Blue Lights."
gary