Anyone planning to go to "Seabiscuit"?

drphoto

« on: 25 Jul 2003, 11:48 pm »
Looks like a good story. Might do well against the big summer 'shoot-em-ups'.

Much of it was filmed just down the road from me in Lexington, KY. (home of Thiel loudspeaker btw)

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2003, 10:59 pm »
From the write up in Newsweek it looked like a movie I'd like to see.  If not in the theater, when it comes out on DVD.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2003, 11:21 pm »
It has received VERY good reviews all around from press and movie watchers.

Howvever, personally, I'm waiting for the sequel: "I AM Limp Biscuit--The Next Generation"

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2003, 07:36 pm »
Absolutely!  I have waited for this movie to come out for some time.  I read a brief story about the horse a couple years ago and was really rivited.  It's a classic American story of someone (or something I guess since it is about a horse) who beats the odds and goes from near disaster to the top.  All of the previews look really good and the cast is first-rate.  

If anyone sees it, let me know if it lives up to the good initial press.  I suspect it will.

Jman

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2003, 08:05 pm »
I passed on a private screening Thursday night. Mainly because it was 2 AM and I had to be at work at 7.

But I think I'll be catching it tonight. Will let you all know if it's worth a damn.

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2003, 11:44 pm »
So I did end up sitting through it yesterday.

It was long (140 minutes), and it certainly felt it. It was also fairly predictable.

It was a decent movie, but I can't say that I felt any of it was exceptional. If you want to see it, do so. I wouldn't expect a superb movie of it though as I don't think it was. Good, yes. But not amazing.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2003, 11:47 pm »
My local paper had said it was mediocre and the Wall Street Journal said the same thing.  Plus I don't really like horses.

bubba966

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2003, 11:55 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
My local paper had said it was mediocre and the Wall Street Journal said the same thing.  Plus I don't really like horses.

Don't bother then. I wasn't expecting much, and I got pretty much what I expected. I'm not exactly planning on seeing it again, free or not. I'm not annoyed about sitting through it (like I was with TR2). But I've got no real desire to watch it again.

And I don't care much for horses either. Luckily the horse wasn't in the film the entire time.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2003, 12:02 am »
The Hulk is now showing in the $3 theater; I might check it out for that price.  

HULK SMASH!!!           :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bob82274

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2003, 12:41 am »
Sorry to keep this thread off topic but I actually liked Hulk.  I will say that it can be difficult to keep up with as you might have 5 things too look at all at once and it did run a little longer than it probably should have.  Other than that though I really liked it and Jennifer Connely is stunning as always.  And Stan Lee's cameo is IMHO the best one out of Spiderman, Daredevil, and Hulk .  It wasn't as subtle as the other two but it was a lot more fun.  I thought of including Mallrats in the list but that wasn't as much of a cameo but more of a role.