Ripper

mol

Ripper
« on: 14 Mar 2007, 08:10 pm »
Hi,

I've just finished building my second ripper and they both work great, but I have one issue with the power and usb indicator leds.  They are so bright that they are extremely distracting in a dimly lit room.  I was thinking that I could increase the values of R6 and R11 to lower the brightness, but wanted some confirmation before I went ahead.

Also, for the usb led would I increase the R56 value as well?

Thanks.

P.S.  The first ripper I built for a friend and I liked it so much I ordered the second one for myself.  The build itself was very easy even for a novice like myself and I was surprised by how noise free the phono stage is.  I'm even playing music off my hard drive through the ripper and enjoying both analog and digital.

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
Re: Ripper
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 09:21 pm »
Yes, I have noticed this myself.  You can double the value of the resistors in series with the LEDs.  That's a good place to start.

jh

mol

Re: Ripper
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2007, 01:40 am »
Thanks, I appreciate the help.  After a couple of different values I ended up at 47.5K for R6, R11 and 15K for R56.  The leds are still bright enough to see from across the room, but they don't call attention to themselves anymore.