For Sale: Rare New Old Stock Apogees

buckeyefanandy

For Sale: Rare New Old Stock Apogees
« on: 14 Mar 2007, 02:53 am »
Hello everyone, I am forced to downsize big time in the coming weeks and the audio gear has to be thinned out soon.
I will be selling a few items in the coming weeks.  Items will include a Audio Mirror T-61 tubed linestage, an Odyssey Khartago extreme or possibly the special Stratos Monos, a PS audio solid state Preamp, a pair of Apogee Centaur Minors that are one year old New old stock, and a Roksan Caspian MKii CDP.

I hate to do this, but I just purchased a pair of Odyssey Nightengales and learned that I will be moving sooner than expected.  These lwere purchased new when Apogee was going out, and the man's wife told him now way thinking they were ugly.  They stayed in the boxes until about a year ago and have been used lighthly in my two channel room.  These are a rare find and a part of audio history, the ribbons are in perfect shape as are the speakers as a whole.  I have included a pair of Apogee stands that make all the differance.

All the original ads, information, and apogee inserts are availalbe in this sale.

I am asking $750 for these including the boxes, literature, and the stands.

I am sure I will regret this.

Zero

Re: For Sale: Rare New Old Stock Apogees
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 02:56 am »
The ribbon in the Centaurus Minor were considered one of the best Apogee made by a few of the fine folks at Apogee...     Definately a fantastic speaker in every respect...!  Good luck with the sale - I certainly miss my pair..

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2007, 03:32 am »
Hey!

Very nice speaker. :D This post bought back my memory when I was a younger. I remembered in the in mid '90s, I checked them out at a store here in NYC. They sounded very good and would be perfect in my small room back than :D But I was a kid in High School back than and I couldn't afford them :cry:

This definitely one of a few pair of speakers that is memorable for me and would love to hear them again. :D

If your pair is in NOS condition than this is a pretty good deal here. :D They sound very good event by today standard I must say. It would be hard find a pair of speaker with that kind of performance for the asking price in today market.

Good luck with the sale :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2007, 01:24 pm »
Thank you,
I am sure these are going to surprise someone out there.  They are in nearly perfect shape and the ribbons are perfect.  The magic of apogees is hard to replace.  I will be back once the restoration on the house allows me a dedicated room.

All the best,
Andy

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2007, 03:05 pm »
Sale Pending

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2007, 10:33 pm »
Sold