Poll

Advise for a new open baffle diy guy.

fullrange drivers
0 (0%)
open baffles
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

New member looking for advise on the fullrange open baffle??

MJK

• Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design
Re: New member looking for advise on the fullrange open baffle??
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2007, 09:04 pm »
goo,

What confused me was both drivers are 15" diameters and the Auggies have a Qts of 0.92, an fs of 27 Hz, and an efficiency of 89 dB/w/m while the Alphas have a Qts of 1.2, an fs of 39 Hz, and an efficiency of 92.5 dB/w/m. So it looked like you were trading off a ~10 Hz lower fs with a ~3.5 dB loss in efficiency. I was just wondering what was driving you in that direction. I would have thought that for OB bass the efficiency was more important.

Martin

goo

• Here’s another fine OB you've gotten us into
Re: New member looking for advise on the fullrange open baffle??
« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2007, 10:27 pm »
Martin
Efficiency isn’t a problem for me. My system is fully active with plenty of power for the lower octaves. What my target was is to simply augment the B200’s between 150hz and 40hz the rest of the work was going to be handled by my wo32. I am building a new baffle for the Alphas with wings. After I heard what they sounded like with a simple prototype. This may eliminate the wo32, and assign it to HT duty. Let me back peddle some more here and say that I wish I hadn’t spent my audio budget on Valve projects and had the Auggies for comparison. This may all be moot because of my growing affection for IB sub solution, well maybe not, the B200’s still need help around 150hz   :scratch: so many ways to skin a cat
q