Spring Clean -- I must dispose thousands of LPs. Help!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Spring Clean -- I must dispose thousands of LPs. Help!
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2007, 06:54 pm »
:icon_lol:
Have you thought about a "ball park" figure (per hundred, per twenty, etc)? Also, where abouts in the mid-atlantic are you?

Fritz

Welcome to AC Fritz,

They are free if you carry them out.  If you make me do work like list, pack or ship I will charge $1 per record plus shipping.  One way or another they will be gone by Good Friday.  I am in Vienna, Va just outside Washington, DC.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #21 on: 26 Mar 2007, 11:40 pm »
Rim,

Maybe I can help!

Scott

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #22 on: 27 Mar 2007, 02:37 am »
hey woodsyi,
 Any chance you could throw together a package with a few opera LP's for me. I have quite a few people come in for audition and ask if I have any opera. I don't.

If you can throw a dozen or so together, I trust your judgement, I would gladly pay you for your time and obviously shipping.

Let me know.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 27 Mar 2007, 03:11 am »
hey woodsyi,
 Any chance you could throw together a package with a few opera LP's for me. I have quite a few people come in for audition and ask if I have any opera. I don't.

If you can throw a dozen or so together, I trust your judgement, I would gladly pay you for your time and obviously shipping.

Let me know.

Sure Bill,

I have a bunch of duplicates of some great recordings.  I will put together a package for you. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2007, 03:12 am »
Rim,

Maybe I can help!

Scott

Scott,

later this week in the evening or weekend will be good with me. 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2007, 03:21 am »
Sure Bill,

I have a bunch of duplicates of some great recordings.  I will put together a package for you.

Thanks Rim. Greatly appreciated. Just let me know what I owe you and how you want to take care of it. You can email me direct at Response34@aol.com

Scottdazzle

« Reply #26 on: 27 Mar 2007, 01:08 pm »
Rim,

Saturday works best for me. What time works best for you? I'm flexible.

Scott

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 27 Mar 2007, 01:43 pm »
Sunday at noon or after works the best.  I have to put in some hours at work Saturday and I have a date with my wife in the evening.  I better not preempt that with one of my "audiophile" things.  :nono:  :lol:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #28 on: 27 Mar 2007, 03:15 pm »
Okay, how's 1:00 Sunday?  I understand completely about wife and family stuff.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 27 Mar 2007, 04:46 pm »
1 is good, Scott.  I will see you then.  Anybody else interested for this time, let me know.

SWG255

« Reply #30 on: 28 Mar 2007, 04:04 pm »
Woodsyi, maybe I can come by with "the other Scott" between 1:00 and 2:00. We promise not to stay and cause you to miss your date with your lovely wife. I'll PM you if it's going to be definite.

1 is good, Scott.  I will see you then.  Anybody else interested for this time, let me know.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #31 on: 28 Mar 2007, 07:04 pm »
Woodsyi, maybe I can come by with "the other Scott" between 1:00 and 2:00. We promise not to stay and cause you to miss your date with your lovely wife. I'll PM you if it's going to be definite.

stan, read more carefully -  rim is bizzy on saturday w/the better half, not sunday.   :wink:  gonna bring my aj1600?  i may show up if i can...

best,

doug s.

SWG255

« Reply #32 on: 28 Mar 2007, 08:10 pm »
That's what I get for doing this instead of working. Half a mind on two things at once...not good!  :?

Hope to see everyone at Rim's on Sunday.

stan, read more carefully -  rim is bizzy on saturday w/the better half, not sunday.   :wink:  gonna bring my aj1600?  i may show up if i can...

best,

doug s.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 29 Mar 2007, 05:38 pm »
SWG255, 

Got some J.W. Lee Harvest Ale vintage 2000 and Rochefort 8 to sample.   :beer:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #34 on: 29 Mar 2007, 05:40 pm »
SWG255, 

rim, i won't show up w/o letting you know 1st...   :wink:

best,

doug s.

SWG255

« Reply #35 on: 30 Mar 2007, 08:16 pm »
Never tried either of these, we'll be there around 2:00. I'll see if I can find something tasty to bring too, any requests?

SWG255, 

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #36 on: 2 Apr 2007, 03:31 pm »
i just wanted to thank rim for once again opening his house to a few beer-swilling audio-types.  but, this time, he also opened his old record collection!   aa  in exchange for a six-pack of guinness stout, i was able to add about 50 or so records to my collection.   :green:  and, it was also fun sitting back & listening to great toons on rim's awesome rig, as he spent time cuing up the winyl on his twin-turntable rig, switching back & forth between an oracle delphi/sme arm & basis rb1400/rega arm.  winyl RULES!!!  :thumb:

doug s.

SWG255

« Reply #37 on: 2 Apr 2007, 05:25 pm »
I fear Rim still has too many LPs left to make it easy to take them all to the used record store. 

We all had a great time listening to some tunes and drinking some fine brews. It was probably good it was a Sunday afternoon gathering, or we might have been thrown out of the house in the wee hours of the morning (again).

Thanks Rim!

i just wanted to thank rim for once again opening his house to a few beer-swilling audio-types.  but, this time, he also opened his old record collection!   aa  in exchange for a six-pack of guinness stout, i was able to add about 50 or so records to my collection.   :green:  and, it was also fun sitting back & listening to great toons on rim's awesome rig, as he spent time cuing up the winyl on his twin-turntable rig, switching back & forth between an oracle delphi/sme arm & basis rb1400/rega arm.  winyl RULES!!!  :thumb:

doug s.

SWG255

Girl on Her Volcano
« Reply #38 on: 5 Apr 2007, 06:02 pm »
One of the great discs we spun on Rim's TTs last Sunday was the EP "Girl On Her Volcano" by Rickie Lee Jones. I'd forgotten how good this was, and have been on a quest to find it in CD format because I no longer have a vinyl rig. Well, sometimes it just pays to look in the obvious places. Amazon.com has it listed as a Japanese import for $36. I may pull the trigger on this one when I order music from them next. I'll also see if it's available from CDWOW too, as they often have better prices, especially if the title is an Asian import.

Happy listening!