House Sound For Red Wine Audio Products?

ZLS

House Sound For Red Wine Audio Products?
« on: 11 Mar 2007, 12:28 pm »
I pose the question; do other owners of RWA equipment feel that there is a specific presentation that all RWA products share? 
    I have analogized the Sig 30 to Audrey Hephurn; elegance class, and a smoldering sexuality.  Keeping with the classic movie star theme, IMHO all RWA products share an ease of presentation that recalls the classic Hollywood movie stars.  Audrey, Ingrid Bergman (come on don't tell me you wouldn't betray all of your beliefs for a shot at being with her!), Bette Davis, Grace Kelly, all of them made it look easy.  They did not have to flaunt it, you knew "it" was there. 
    I find RWA products easy to listen to, I can relax into the music.  It does not hurt knowing that Vinnie Rossi backs up his work. 
    I welcome opinions on this subject, I am curious as to what others here.

srayle

Re: House Sound For Red Wine Audio Products?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2007, 03:56 pm »
I agree that there is a 'house sound' which is most remarkable and pleasurable...warmth and clarity
out of a dark background (Scarlett Johansson?). I was one of Vinnie's earliest customers on his Teac
amp mod, and one of the first to get a modded Olive Musica, which I love.

I am hoping however, being a tubehead thropugh and through, that Vinnie will gift us with something
with some tubes...pleeeze! I'll be one of the first to buy!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 02:36 am »
I have analogized the Sig 30 to Audrey Hephurn; elegance class, and a smoldering sexuality.

Hi ZLS,

This is a very big compliment... thank you!

Quote from: srayle
I am hoping however, being a tubehead thropugh and through, that Vinnie will gift us with something
with some tubes...pleeeze! I'll be one of the first to buy!

We'll see what the future holds.... I'm a busy man and am trying my best to keep up with demand, but I takes notes here and there  :wink:

Ok.. now back to talking about the house sound of current RWA products  :lol:

Thanks again,

Vinnie

cfcjb

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2007, 03:13 am »
ZLS,
I think that you'll find that Audrey Hepburn was known more for her style, grace and class rather than smoldering sexuality. The  signature 30 is more akin to Rita Hayworth, if smoldering sexuality is the analogy you want to make. Not that the Signature 30 couldn't combine aspects of both actresses.

Maybe the Signature 30's closest film title would be "From here to Eternity"  :wink:

Regards,
J.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2007, 03:37 am »
Well as long as nobody compares it to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, I won't have to lock this thread in disgust :lol:  :wink:

PLMONROE

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2007, 02:01 pm »
Vinnie -- for your "notes" What the world really needs is a high powered battery SET! With a NOS RCA, 211, or premium 845 you ought to be able to push 50 watts. And no transformers, not even premium ones like the Tango. Wow, wouldn't that be something to "Wave At"!  :weights:

-Richard-

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2007, 05:44 pm »
Right now Vinnie's "House Sound" is Isabella crying for her milk.

Although those fabulous actresses are always and eternally fabulous...
my first and always screen love was/is Ingrid Bergman... when she speaks to Bogart/Richard
in Casablanca she is speaking to me... for Vinnie, they pale next to the glowing beauty of Isabella!!!

Warmest Regards ~ Richard

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2007, 02:11 pm »
Right now Vinnie's "House Sound" is Isabella crying for her milk.

Hi Richard,

You really hit the nail on the head!   :lol:

my first and always screen love was/is Ingrid Bergman...

Is this her?

for Vinnie, they pale next to the glowing beauty of Isabella!!!

Well, they a very beautiful in different ways.   :wink:

I'm only in love with one of them  :inlove:

Best regards,

Vinnie

shep

« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2007, 02:26 pm »
You can break the suspense now V. You are looking at the Signature 1  aa
Maybe she'll follow in your footsteps? There's what you might call a shortage of women around here. :o

sabes

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2007, 10:48 am »
vinnie - she is so sweet; brings a smile to my face. kind of like the sig 70' s do on a daily basis! just tapped into a mother lode of minty original issue cal tjader lp's (at the blackhawk, etc.) and wow. the vibes can be brutal on the top end with the wrong amp, and tubes just don't (generally) give you the extension that you need for the overtones on the high end. but with the 70's, you just don't have to compromise - all the clarity of the mallet hitting the vibraphone, all the sweetness of tone, without the piercingly etched top end that solid state will often give you. these babies (like your 'bella) just grow on me every day.  :thumb:

shep

« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2007, 11:21 am »
Mint Carl Tjader LP's aa! Nice score. I have about 10 of those and cd's too. Great music for great gear!