imod vs olive mod

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: imod vs olive mod
« Reply #20 on: 5 Apr 2007, 01:42 pm »
Hey Vinnie,
I have been holding off on buying an iPod exactly because my Olive is all filled up with Flac-encoded files. 
Do you synch your iPod directly to the Olive?  Is it a simple process to move the music over?
Cordially,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I can't sync my Rockbox'd iPod to the Olive.  When I connect them directly, the iPod boots up with the orignal Apple firmware.  Instead, here is what I do:

I copy and paste all my Olive's FLAC files to an external hard drive that is connected to the Olive.

I connect both my Rockbox'd iPod and external hard drive to my PC (to the USB ports).  I copy and paste all the FLAC files from the external hard drive directly onto the Rockbox'd iPod.  Done!  8)

Again, thanks for taking the time to get this configured on your player and confirming that it does work.  As usual, I really appreciate it.

Hi Jim,

You're very welcome.  Hey... Don't be dissin' Mary!    :lol:

In no way does my Imod, which only has about 100hrs on it, make the Jolida look bad..the Jolida's mids & highs were amazing.   BUT, the Imod's bass was more pronounced & better to my ears.   

the fact that we could switch between the 2 without a sonic hassle was really surprising.

For me this was a comparison between a $200 source and a $2000 source...   The Imod is NO slouch.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for posting about this little comparo! :thumb:

Thanks again,

Vinnie