Anyone Interested in Raleigh Area Audio Society or Club

SteveB

I live in Raleigh and wondered if there are enough people interested in meeting about once a month to talk audio, listen to a featured system, maybe a talk on: cables, speaker design, tubes, solid state design, information exchange, swap meet, equipment demos,etc. The meet up website may be a good starting point for a group such as this. I may be willing to help get it started if there is enough momentum and interest to keep it going and get others involved. I am open to ideas, opinions, suggestions.There would be a dollar or so per meeting to cover the cost of using the meet up  site if we went that way.
Thanks
Steve

Lensman

Re: Anyone Interested in Raleigh Area Audio Society or Club
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2007, 04:05 am »
hey SteveB,

Members of the NC Audiophiles periodically propose meetings with a posting here in the forum.  You might see an invitation to a gathering if a member has gotten a new amp or speakers, etc., and wants to give other members an opportunity to listen.  I've been to meetings at Carl's house and at Claude's, though not recently.  You could certainly post an invitation to meet on a weekend and allow other members to RSVP.

I myself am primarily interested in modifying or building equipment to reproduce music better, while avoiding spending megabucks for high-end components.  I built some speakers, but have never heard them driven by a solid state amp, only my low-power tube amp.  I've never heard my system with copper interconnects, only the silver ones I've had for years.  I've also never heard how my amp (in its current interation) sounds driving a nice pair of commercial loudspeakers.  Those are some of the things I'd like to explore as a means for identifying areas in my system that need improvement.

FYI - some things that helped improve my system so far:  switching to Goertz speaker cable, installing Sonicaps in my amp, going to a passive amp imput through an Alps pot, and many more things, some minor, some major.

Lensman

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2007, 12:30 am »
Sorry for the late response.  I need to set this forum to email me on new posts.

I am in South Cary, and I'm surely interested in a monthly meet up. It would be nice to have a gathering to look forward to on a regular basis, and to pull the local audiophiles together and make some new friends. I just started on this forum a few months back and so far I have only attended Shane's last excellent shindig, which was awesome. Thanks again Shane!! I wish that could happen more often. I have a nice place to meet, so count me in!  :thumb:
Rich

Lensman

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2007, 12:52 am »
Richidoo,  I would like to hear your Cary amp hooked up to my Fostex speakers.  I'm just afraid I will want to toss my disfigured EL34 amp in the trash.

Lensman