antique sound labs wave-8 monoblocks - w/upgraded caps/resistors/tubes

doug s.

• makin' music
hi all,

i have a mint pair of asl wave-8's f/s.  cages & detachable power cords.  i am the second owner.  the 1st owner installed auricaps & holco resistors.  i may even have the original parts, not sure, they may be in the box.  i know the p.o. included them when i bought this amp.  tubes are upgrade - nos svetlana 6bm8's.  no more than a coupla hundred hours on 'em.

these were my 1st ever tube amps.  hooked up to 90db-efficient speakers in a 28x35 room, they replaced a pair of stereo electrocompaniet amps that i was running in a bi-amp configuration.  crossed over to subs at 100hz, these were good enough that i never again used the ec amps to drive the mains.  i waited a few months to find a more suitable (read: more watts) tubed power amp, & i have not used s/s amplification for my main amps since.  (except a brief experiment w/sharp digital amp.)

these wave-8's have served as trusty back-up amps, never had any issues w/them at all.  but, now that i have eight other tube amps besides these, i think it's time to finally give someone else a chance to enjoy them.  they would make excellent amps for a 2nd system, or even in a main system, that's not in a huge room, & w/reasonably efficient speakers.

$325 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 and they're yours.  email me for references to my agon & ebay info.  i can also take digital pics for email if interested.  includes original packaging, (double-box; this will be triple-boxed), & the one-sheet factory info.

thanks,

doug s.

Double Ugly

Welcome back, Doug!  (in the 'old' iteration, that is :wink:)

-Jim

doug s.

• makin' music
bump.  someone make me an offer.   :wink:

doug s.

btw, thanks for the welcome, du...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
yust great. :lol:  you forgot to use YMMV somewhere in the post. :wink:  if you don't sell it soon, bring it by and we can  see how it does driving a pair of lou's superhemps -- wave8 vs duetto.

TheChairGuy

doug/duggie,

Your 'ymmv' signoff was the final tipoff as to your identity, btw :lol:  In case you didn't know what your 'tripwire' was a couple weeks back.  :)

Just keeping the topic goin'...

John/TCG

doug s.

• makin' music
bump - make me an offer...   aa

doug s.

Dan Driscoll

Doug,

YGPM