Red Wine Audio Clari-T power amp w/charger

kck

Red Wine Audio Clari-T power amp w/charger
« on: 27 Feb 2007, 08:25 pm »
Clearing out some gear... this one is without the volume control. Some have preferred the sound of this over the integrated version; I have no idea, not having heard that. I don't know if this has any upgrades so let's assume none. Nice and surprisingly powerful for the few watts, very clean and somewhat tubey sound.

No box or manual, but will pack very well. In very good cosmetic condition with the exception of a couple of very small scratches on the casework (not the face). Functionally perfect.

As I got this as part of a larger trade deal am not sure what the market supports for a price, so am inviting offers. Pics provided to interested parties who make acceptable offers, pending your approval of the pics of course. No trades this time, sorry.

No Paypal, MO only. Pls see my feedback as KCK on Audiogon.
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Kck&1&1&1&1

Update: I forgot to mention that Vinnie may be able to fit this with a volume control (I know he can, just don't know how busy he is). If that is what you prefer and he agrees, I can ship directly to him and you pay him for his part.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2007, 08:40 pm by kck »

Paul_Bui

• Rode NTK and S-1 microphones
Re: Red Wine Audio Clari-T power amp w/charger
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2007, 09:31 pm »
I heard both (with and without volume knob) and preferred without.  Things just get more dynamic, purer, more effortless.  For volume control I would get a Burson buffer or TVC preamp.  Or a tube pre.