Tripath and impact on RedWine

mfsoa

Tripath and impact on RedWine
« on: 25 Feb 2007, 02:28 pm »
Vinnie,
I've been hearing about Tripath's economic woes and can't help but wonder what impact this'll have on your products in the future.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting implications, would you care to address?

Thanks

-Mike

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Tripath and impact on RedWine
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2007, 02:58 pm »
Vinnie,
I've been hearing about Tripath's economic woes and can't help but wonder what impact this'll have on your products in the future.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting implications, would you care to address?

Thanks

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post and concern.

While Tripath's economic woes are unfortunate, this will have no bearing on any of the Red Wine Audio products (past, present, or even future).  I have more than enough of their chipsets in my stock to keep me going for a long time (for production units and if service is ever needed in the future), so I am not concerned at all.  I also have a supplier of their chips and was told that there are thousands in stock.   aa

I wouldn't be surprised if Tripath is purchased by another company in the near future.  :wink:

Best regards,

Vinnie

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2007, 04:10 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if Tripath is purchased by another company in the near future.  :wink:

That's pretty much an inevitability and a great opportunity...

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2007, 05:17 pm »
Yup, nothing to worry about.  I'm certain there are a number of larger consumer electronics manufacturers who are just sitting the wings waiting to scoop this technology up.

-- Jim