Any chance of a Le Amp II update?

azryan

« on: 17 Jul 2003, 07:41 pm »
I can totally understand this delay and have no problem waiting for this amp to be 'just right' and totally ready to ship before it ships, but...

Maybe some kind of update on the progress?

I got the impression the delay was just a case looks thing. Is that still all it is, or are you still testing the amp's bias and heat sink temp or anything like that?

Maybe another 'window' guess of when these will begin shipping?

Thanks

HarleyMYK

« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2003, 09:04 pm »
Per an e-mail I received today, Michael is hoping to start shipping the first few units next week.  However, we all know that the cases have been much more trouble and expensive than he expected and so the saga may continue (my words not his).

Andrew JC

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2003, 06:49 pm »
I cannot add a whole lot to this however; in e-mail from MB 200 amps are being assembled. Also next week looks like some units will ship and we should be seeing pictures of the final product. What I would like to know is the mechanism to convert reservations to orders, shipping costs and what carrier is being utilized?

azryan

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2003, 10:55 pm »
Dang, I was going to bump this thread 'cuz I was hoping Mr. Barnes would see it and post something, but it's still at the top anyway... but nothing from Mr. Barnes.

So if HarleyMYK is getting told nOrh's hoping to start shipping the first few units next week in an email... couldn't Orh could tell all their customers that here directly. A few units sounds a little mysterious too.

Harley, you said -"-However, we all know that the cases have been much more trouble and expensive than he expected and so the saga may continue."

True, but we knew that quite a while ago, and were told what nOrh wanted to change, and it seemed fairly simple.

I don't see how him telling us that they're going to be more expencive than he thought would further hold be them coming out either?

I thought that cost just meant that he make the intro price window shorter -which had ended weeks ago now anyway.

It seemed like he was just turning the power button 90 degrees and approving the final faceplate finish, and everything else li the whole guts was done and redy to go.

That was a while ago, and I'd just like to know if this is still what the delay is or if there's anything else is holding things up like final production unit testing or something like that?

Like I said before... I can understand a delay. That happens. No prob, but please post an update for those who've pre-ordered and are just waiting for some word (or that actual shippment).

I know someone who's considering canceling their order because of having no idea when they'll get the amp (not me). I wouldn't want to see that happen to nOrh.

Thanks.

Guan

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2003, 01:32 am »
I know someone who's considering canceling their order because of having no idea when they'll get the amp (not me). I wouldn't want to see that happen to nOrh.

I have no intention of cancelling but one (rather expensive) consequence of the delay is that I bought another amp in the meantime :o  So once I get the Le Amp 2, I will have the choice to bi-amp my speakers... :thumb:

The wait is definitely worth it if the end product is flawless and done right.

jones rush

« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:00 am »
I, for one, am thankful for this waiting. Thanks to it, I could order the Le Amp 2 WAY after the introductory price was over, and still get it, due to all the cancellations of the impatient customers. Now I only hope that the shipping price isn't going to be high.