FS Norh Marble 9 Speakers with Dennis Murphy's Designed XO

oris98

Hi all,

I am finally decided to let go my beloved Marble 9 speakers with the following upgraded components:

Norh Marble 9 x 2 (in excellent condition)
Upgraded to Norh pure Silver braided internal wires hook up from binding posts to the Scanspeaks drivers ($100 upgrade)
Outboard Dennis Murphy designed XO boxes with highest compontent parts: Alfa core inductors, Mils resistors, Sonic Caps, etc.. (>$400 upgrade).  Original norh XOs are included.
Custom shaped speaker legs in cone shape for maximizing vibration control
Custom designed metal speaker stands in piano black with oversized brass spikes for extra stability and vibration isolation. 
Buyer pay shipping and Paypal fee.

Sale for $1800. 

Please see the photo here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=967&pos=3

Fife12

Re: FS Norh Marble 9 Speakers with Dennis Murphy's Designed XO
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2007, 10:45 pm »
bump
 aa

oris98

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2007, 02:49 am »
These are very high qty speakers..   Do a search on AC and you will know how good they are..

savoybrown

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2007, 01:12 am »
hi,

i currently own several norh speakers, but have been wanting a pair of marble 9.0s for some time.  i am now in the process of getting quotes for a pair of vpms rm30c, but i might consider these if the final price is right.

how old are they?  are there any marks, or imperfections?  are you the original owner?  do you still have the original boxes and foam for shipping?  have the dennis murphys' made a difference?  how firm is the price? 

i live in vancouver, bc, so i imagine the freight charges will be substantial, depending on where you are located.   

regards,
john...

oris98

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2007, 07:09 am »
Please check your PM.  Thanks.

aggielaw

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2007, 10:52 pm »
Wow, what a steal!  The only reason I haven't already bought these is last week I bought a pair of Ridge Street Audio Sasons.  As a current owner of mini 9.0's with the same XO oris has, I can tell you you're getting 80-90% of the Sasons for less than 20% of the price of the Sasons.

Oris, I was just thinking it's been a couple years since I've seen marble 9's on the market.  I can't believe yours lasted 24 hours.  If people had any idea just what the Murphy XO does for these speakers, the speakers would've sold in half an hour I bet.

oris98

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2007, 05:35 am »
I Know..  I really like my Marble 9 (whole heartly)!  Just my wife is concerning the weight of the speakers may be danger when my 3 yr hold girl walk close by there.. They are in my dedicated HT Room but she still insist to let them go..  :( The marble is just beautiful to look and upgrade to the room as well.  My new speakers stand design for the M9 make the bass go even deeper.  With sharping the legs to pointy cone, you are getting double vibration transfer to send away the remaining vibration down to the ground.  End result is the noise floor lower even more and unhide the hidden details that you have never heard from these speakers.  I encourge other Norh M9 speaker owner to cone their speaker legs for sonic improvement.

oris98

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:28 pm »
SOLD !  Thanks   :icon_lol:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2007, 02:57 am »
How about some pictures of these for the nOrh owner's circle?  :D