Rear surround speakers

Antman27

Rear surround speakers
« on: 17 Feb 2007, 06:42 pm »
Hello all ,I know my rear speakers are not in the best spot that are a bit high but the wires are in the walls so this is where they will have to live for now -My question is since my sofa is against the back wall where the speakers are mounted would I be better off with an dipolar  (I use paradigm and could get ADPs) or should I stay with the front firing speakers ?
I now have them angled down into the sweet spot ( where the remotes are) but you can tell exactly where the sound is coming from
There is no side wall on the one side it opens into the dining room
Any Thoughts ?
 Thanks ~

Old sofa

Antman27

Re: Rear surround speakers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2007, 02:15 pm »
No Thoughts ~ :scratch:

BobM

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2007, 02:24 pm »
I have a similar problem, as do many, many others (I'm sure). This is a fairly common WAF problem and not so easy to deal with. My solution is going to be putting in cieling speakers, with a tweeter pod that can be angled to fire at the back wall behind the couch, giving me some dispersion. I don't know if this is going to be better or worse than what you have, but so far it's the best I can come up with.

Good luck,
Bob

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2007, 02:47 pm »
Like these...

Antman27

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2007, 05:19 pm »
I have a similar problem, as do many, many others (I'm sure). This is a fairly common WAF problem and not so easy to deal with. My solution is going to be putting in cieling speakers, with a tweeter pod that can be angled to fire at the back wall behind the couch, giving me some dispersion. I don't know if this is going to be better or worse than what you have, but so far it's the best I can come up with.

Good luck,
Bob
Hey Bob how did the cieling speakers work out
Any other thoughts on should my rears be aimed in more or down ?