Query - any interest in NEW modded P-3A DAC's???

audioengr

« on: 16 Jul 2003, 05:30 pm »
I am considering offering factory new P-3A DAC's with my full TurboMOD for $1300 with a one year warranty from Empirical Audio (not Warranted by Perpetual Technologies)

If you buy one used it is typically $400-450 and my full mod is $800, plus you have to add shipping both ways, so the used price is around $1250-1300.

This way you can get a new unit with full mods for about the same price.  Anyone interested?

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2003, 06:00 pm »
What all is involved in the mod?

Sa-dono

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2003, 06:11 pm »
It sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately it still wouldn't be high on my list of upgrades :|

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2003, 08:22 pm »
Josh K-
The mod to the P-3A improves the power supply similar to Dan Wrights level 2 signature and then in addition, I redesign the entire analog section.  Completely gut it.

What you end-up with will rival the Meitner for redbook playback, assuming you have a good transport.

The mod I do to the DVP-S7700 transport improves the power supply similar to Dan Wrights level 2 mod.  Then in addition,  I do a digital section rewiring and redesign. This is a perfect mate to the P-3A above, but other transports with similar mods will work as well.