Bel Canto Orfeo 845 SET monoblocks...with optional zebrawood bases.

Whitese

These amps are simply phenomenal.  Beautiful to listen and to look at..when running or not.

I am selling to get try other things, and I dont feel like having this much money in a pair of amps, given my penchant for changing gear like dirty underwear.

The amps' tube complement one 845 and 2 12ax7 each.  They are 110-120 volts.

I am the second owner. They cost new in and about the mid 90's with the optional bases 8500.00 dollars. I have the original double boxes and manual.

THese were built with top level internals, probably not found in their current line of SET's.

I am asking 3000.00 dollars, via MO or paypal, or trades for lesser value amp and cash..tell me what you have.

In the setup:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Whitese,

Don't do it man,Those are wonderfull amps.It will probably cost you more than $3000 to replace that sound.
      If I was you,I would rethink the sale as you may regret it latter.Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds here,but I sold several pieces in search of nirvana and have been regreting it ever since.
    rollo

SET Man

Hey!

Damn it! Somebody please buy these before I'm starting to breakdown and take out my credit card out of my wallet!  :drool:

There aren't many 845 amps out there on today market. And these are one of the better well made one and they look beautiful.... and I think these are made right here in the US of A! :drool:

I don't think you could get a pair of 845 amp like these today for $3000.  :o Sadly I don't have $3K burning in my wallet and space for another pair of SET monoblocs!  :icon_lol:

Somebody going to be very happy.... get these beauties and stick in a new pair of KR Audio 845 tubes and you will be SET... (yes, pun intended :lol: ) ....for many many years to come. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

CliffordBrown

I know you said valve amp trades possible, so this is probably not of interest to you.  However just in case you might be interested, I would trade an Ayre V-5xe which works beautifully with my Aesthetix Janus pre.  I'd like to move to valve amplification.  The typical asking price for a V-5xe on Audiogon is between $2,800 and $3,200. 

Whitese

Well, I am going to put the sale on hold for awhile.....the amps are sounding too good...even without KR tubes..;-)

Now, if Nick could make his TVC in Zebrawood...

I am sorry to those who replied and PM'd me about the amps.....I hope you understand...

Whitese

Well, they are back in the market...but no trades for the moment...

Whitese

$200.00 discount for gnome's day... :scratch:

down to 2800.00 dolla's!

Whitese

Bump....2700.00 bucks.... :thumb: