Dodd Audio 120 mono amps. Please help!

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
Dodd Audio 120 mono amps. Please help!
« on: 10 Feb 2007, 04:23 am »
Hi everyone,
 I know I don't post much but I still consider AC my home. This is very humbling for me, but I am having some serious financial difficulty and need to take some significant action to help out my family. I had hoped to build my dream system around some Dodd Audio amps but I will have to let that dream die for the foreseeable future.

I have been impressed with the gracious attitudes of fellow A.C.er's seeking to help others. I am hoping someone might be able to help me as well.

So that being said, I am offering a pair of Dodd  120 mono amps.

These amps have never been plugged in! They have only been removed from their boxes once to admire them. So I guess you could say they are as close to 10/10 as one could hope for. They are quite literally new and unused. I also have a set of the upgraded input tubes that Mr. Dodd recommends. These are also unused.

As I am sure you are already aware, Mr. Dodd is an honorable man and will stand behind his products. I will make sure that any warranty info will be relayed to Mr. Dodd; although I am sure it is a mere formality.

I would really appreciate it if you would correspond with me via pm or email. This is depressing enough that I would like to try and keep it private as possible. Any general questions are fine, but I know there are many threads here that could help you glean more info regarding the amps sonic character and value.

I would like to ask $2600 as they are, in essence, new. So the upgraded tubes are thrown in with no added charge.

My name is Alan and you could email me at:
bdpug@yahoo.com

Thank you for your consideration. Prayers for me and my family are appreciated. Specifically for employment.

I also have a fairly interesting turntable that I will try to list tomorrow....as soon as I figure out how to add a picture!

S Clark

Re: Dodd Audio 120 mono amps. Please help!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2007, 04:46 am »
Tull Skull,
It is a shame that you have to let those go.  At that price, I suspect that they will be sold before the evening is out. 

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2007, 05:03 am »
are these the newer version?

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2007, 05:09 am »
These are not the brand new version that match the new preamp. They are the model that was right before that. I am basically asking list price for them but I know that others have offered the same units used for about the same price.
You got that right about it being a shame...I never even got to listen to them!

alotaklipsch

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2007, 06:16 am »
They retailed for 5200, and are a downright STEAL for the $$$$ :duh: :drool:Post em on audiogon, and they will be sold this weekend :drool:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2007, 02:46 pm »
Way too low on the price.  If they are a 10, then I would ask $4500 for a quick sale, eat the Paypal fee, and free ship them.  You WILL get a buyer.   :thumb: