Baffled that these haven't sold...

avalon65

Baffled that these haven't sold...
« on: 9 Feb 2007, 05:57 pm »
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1173555233

Is anyone else baffled these haven't sold??? :scratch: I can't understand it. These are twice the amp of a standard Stratos Plus for a great price. I've had/have both and heard a big difference. I have no affiliation with the ad/seller. I just don't like to see secondary market for Klaus's masterpieces dragged down.

TomS

Re: Baffled that these haven't sold...
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2007, 06:14 pm »
I thought the same thing with the Nightingales I have for sale (sorry for the shameless bump).

I pinged him back when they were $1200 or so but I preferred to have them upgraded to Extremes which adds several hundred to it.  He didn't know if they were older green boards or not, but based on age I would assume so.  He said he used to be an Odyssey dealer when they first sold them, so that's probably quite a while ago.  I'd probably go for the other pair of Extremes at $1900 that are only a year old.

vanderstephen

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2007, 06:43 pm »
he thinks that they were brought up to spec in '03 or '04 when the second one was bought. Anyone know if that when the red board was starting to be used? I just wanna make sure that I get something that is current spec when I buy my next amp.

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2007, 06:52 pm »
These are a steal.  He had them boxed up already so couldn't easily tell whether they were green or red boards.  He thought they were probably the older green ones.

The customer bought the first amp from them in 2000, the second in 2003 or 2004 as a mono and had the older one updated from stereo to mono.  Serial numbers 700 and 01-710. 

I saw a post somewhere that the intro of red boards coincided with the Khartago whenever that was.

If you wanna know for sure call Klaus... but then you'll end up ordering a lot of new stuff and be very happy :green:

Randy

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2007, 07:43 pm »
There's no audible difference between red and green boards.  Klaus told me this at the RMAF, so don't sweat it.