Special natural cryogenic treatment!

avahifi

Special natural cryogenic treatment!
« on: 4 Feb 2007, 02:27 pm »
I am pleased to announce that it is 17 below zero here this morning, -40 wind chill.  :o

Thus all AVA equipment is being specially natural cryogenic treated at no extra cost, either in storage here or during transport.

Enjoy this free added benefit we have thoughtfully provided you. :)

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Special natural cryogenic treatment!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2007, 02:52 pm »
 :rotflmao:

ryno

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2007, 04:56 pm »
I should just open a window. I can get the whole system treated.
Ryan

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2007, 07:49 pm »
A winter special! AVA rocks!

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2007, 07:57 pm »
I will have to bring my stuff over Frank. Will it still be free of charge? :lol: It is only 2.1 below in my backyard, the west side in the shade. I will have to check the temp on the north side of my home. Maybe it will be the right temp there. I am sure it will all sound better, right! :roll:
But isn't that February sun beautiful! :D

Brett Buck

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2007, 09:57 pm »
I am pleased to announce that it is 17 below zero here this morning, -40 wind chill.  :o

Thus all AVA equipment is being specially natural cryogenic treated at no extra cost, either in storage here or during transport.

Thanks, Frank! It's better because it's *natural*, of course, instead of all that nasty bad-sounding liquid nitrogen used in the "artificial" process. Another triumph for AVA.

Seriously, when I hear stuff like this, I realize once again that having to put up with a bunch of loony moonbats is worth it for the California weather. It's about 75 degrees, dead calm, and exceedingly pleasant here in San Jose.

Brett

CE2

« Reply #6 on: 5 Feb 2007, 03:49 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: So you are saying an AVA is best built in the winter, audible differences from summer and winter production? Or summer prodution gets heat treated? That is COLD, it's 9 degrees here, sunny and bright, kinda nice actually.   Always said you build the COOLEST stuff....make that one of you ad  tag lines.  Siltech claims heating then freezing makes their pieces of wires sound better.  But isn't it hard to solder  out there in the deep freeze?  Lotsa COLD solder joints?  Please pack mine in an insulated pkg like frozen meat from the online meat sellers, this way I can get the full MN winter experience.  It'll be the AVA special edition, collectors item? Cool,....nooooo Fridged

TjMV3

« Reply #7 on: 5 Feb 2007, 05:54 pm »
AVA gear built in the summer has a warmer,  richer,  sweeter sound.

AVA gear built in the winter is much more analytical,  dryer and cold sounding.

Fall and Spring can vary depending what's in bloom and in harvest.

:green: :green:

modular747

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2007, 04:18 am »
Frank,
It's well known that all new circuit designs and products need several months of break- in with Florida heat before they can be critically evaluated.  I'll be happy to provide that service free of charge

avahifi

« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2007, 07:20 pm »
Happy to provide the service as long as it comes with free room and board (seashore view/access preferred) for the engineer (me) to watch over and monitor the break-in process on an ongoing basis.  I promise I won't be distracted unless an episode of Girls Gone Wild is being filmed on the adjacent beachfront.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

modular747

« Reply #10 on: 8 Feb 2007, 10:16 pm »
Deal!  And you're in luck - the new Nonagenarian Girls Gone Wild series is about to begin filming any day now.

Wayner

« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2007, 11:20 pm »
It was only 20 below zero this moring. That is not including windchill. Or his donuts. I am going to run my speaker wires outside and then back inside because the lower temperature should cause the crystaline structure of the copper to become more dense, causing less resistance, imparting better current flow. It will be like a "SuperConductor" for a few feet, anyway.  aa

W

Wayner

« Reply #12 on: 9 Feb 2007, 10:56 pm »
O.K., I getting tired of the cryogenic treatment. Frank, what did you start?  :lol:

avahifi

« Reply #13 on: 10 Feb 2007, 01:05 am »
I didn't start it Wayne, I was just hoping to end it.  :icon_lol:

Frank

Wayner

« Reply #14 on: 10 Feb 2007, 03:00 pm »
It's nine o'clock and it's fricken 20 below again! Global warming? Oh well, I guess I'll have to get my chores done and spin vinyl all day long. I'll fire up the T8. The tubes should help warm up the room!

Have a good one!

:D