Ref 9.02 with Gallo Reference 3.1 Speakers? Comments?

raven

Re: Ref 9.02 with Gallo Reference 3.1 Speakers? Comments?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2007, 06:39 pm »
Today Audiprophile in sweden who is the dealer for NuForce told me that the V2-boards didn´t arrive so I have to wait 2 more weeks :evil:

Now I have a Almarro A318B, and it´s to weak to drive my new Ref. 3.1 :duh:
Guess I´ll have to connect my old Oskar Heil Kithara.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2007, 03:29 am »
They just received a shipment on July 13. I guess it is all used up again.
The V2 seems to be flying out the door. Sorry, we are working as fast as we can.

carusoracer

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:14 pm »
How do you like the Almarro?

Viclondon

« Reply #23 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:00 pm »
I have had my Nuforce ref9SEv2 for almost a month now (I must have been the first in the UK to get them) and I suppose it is time to post my short impressions.
My system is : Opus 21>Oritek X2>Minimax preamp>Anti IC>NF v2>anticable>Gallo ref 3.1. PC are 2x Black Sand Violet, Isotek and Chord.

I must immediately say that they sound much, much better than the other amps I have tried with the Gallos: Krell, Primare and Belcanto.
I very quickly tried them directly driven by the Opus 21, but after a few minutes I inserted the Minimax and the improvement was gigantic, notably in term of soundstage and clarity. If you have a Opus 21 (my favourite CDP at any price point), don't even try to use it without a preamp: you would be missing a lot.
I have been doing a lot of tube rolling on the Minimax getting each time a very different sound signature, but something remains constant: the NF have an incredible grip on the bass, breath-taking dynamics and slam, extension and transparency; the sound is always extremely clean and there is plenty of air even in the busiest passages.
I always thought that amps were a sort of compromise: either nice midrange, bat lack of dynamics and loose bass (tubes) or good dynamics and bass but dry and uninvolving midrange (SS). With the Nuforce for the first time I found a system that suits me perfectly with any kind of music

carusoracer

« Reply #24 on: 19 Jul 2007, 12:23 pm »
Tube Rolling w/Minimax + Gallos= Fun :wink:
Good to hear that the Nuforce is working out so well.

PM if you like for my permutations on Minimax rollin' :thumb:

raven

« Reply #25 on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:09 pm »
Sorry for not posting in a long time but the IA-7 V2 and Gallo sounds absolutely fantasic !
I think it´s a beatiful match!
Carl