Omega Revolutions Plus Bases

ZLS

Omega Revolutions Plus Bases
« on: 2 Feb 2007, 01:02 pm »
For Sale: Chicagoland Pickup Only  $1700

The original pair of Omega Revolution Speakers.  These are the speakers that are shown on Omega's Web Site.  Single Driver 8" Visaton B200 Driver in an Aperiodic loaded cabinet of quartered maple. The bases are 8" tall and black. 
    The Speaker dimensions are  31" tall by 15' wide by 10 1/2" deep. 
    The frequency response is 40 Hz to 18 KHz.
    The sensitivity is 95 db at 6 Ohms.
    The Aperiodic loading allows the speaker to be placed close to or against the wall for ease of placement. 
    On AC, I do not need to sing the praises of either Omega Speakers or the Visaton B200 Driver. 
    There is a slight chip on one of the stands, otherwise in perfect condition. 
    Reason for sale is that Louis of Omega is making a custom pair of Bi pole Speakers  for me using the 5" HempTone Drivers. 

jrebman

Re: Omega Revolutions Plus Bases
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2007, 04:24 pm »
ZLS,

Never thought I'd see the day! First the custom Clari-T, then the Heathkit, and now this?  Just kidding of course.  Somewhat surprised you didn't want to wait for the high-Q hemp drivers for the Revolutions.

I just moved my Revolutions to my office where they will be sitting on thick solid maple platforms and brass feet and I think they are going to be fantastic in this room.  Still can't wait to hear the hemp drivers in these though -- not that there's anything wrong with the B200s -- all in the interest of exploration.

Good luck, anybody who picks these up will be really happy I'm sure.

-- Jim

ZLS

Re: Omega Revolutions Plus Bases
« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2007, 06:46 pm »
:bawl:  The only reason I am selling the Revolutions is that my listening/living room can support Louis's Bi pole speakers.  You hit the nail on the head; if you by these speakers you will have the B200 Driver and soon Louis will have a drop in Hemptone Driver if you so desire. 
    These are great speakers, and it rips my heart out to sell them.  The speakers are beautiful to look at, beautiful to listen to, and most important let the music come through. 
    I have to stop now, tears are coming down and splashing on my keyboard, I'm afraid of shorting out my computer.