Anybody interested in a nice pair of Abbys?

jrebman

Anybody interested in a nice pair of Abbys?
« on: 1 Feb 2007, 08:33 pm »
I now have 3 pairs of speakers in the house, and 1 in storage, and something has to give, so I'm going to part with my Abbys after over 18 months of listening enjoyment.

They are the cherry stained finish and are in excellent cosmetic and functional condition.

My fiancee is out of town and has the camera so I won't be able to post pictures until next week sometime.  I have the original shipping crate and packing, plus the original spikes.  I will throw in a pair of new, maple, Planet 10 phase plugs, but it would be up to you to install them.

I don't know what the shipping would cost, but I think the weight of the packed crate is about 100 pounds, and it has to go by freight as it is too big for FedEx.  I'm estimating shipping to be around $100-120, but that's just off the top of my head.  If you want to pick them up in Boulder, Colorado, that is fine too.

Drivers are well broken-in, but as they haven't been played in some months now, they will need a couple of days of exercise to sound right again.

Price?  I'd like to get about $1100 for them as they are in especially good condition and obviously Terry is not building them anymore.

Wonderful speakers for the right room and a wide range of amplification choices.

If interested, send me PM and we can figure it all out.

Thanks,

Jim

jrebman

Re: Anybody interested in a nice pair of Abbys?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:01 pm »
Price dropped to $950 + shipping or local pickup in Boulder/Denver area.

Excellent condition and includes original shipping crate.  No paypal fee.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

jrebman

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2007, 09:52 pm »
Price is currently holding at $950, but may move this to agon with a higher pricetag as the price on new ones is about to go up.  I can have phase plugs installed if you want, plus I now know the weight is 120 pounds and freight to pretty much in the continental US will run an additional $120 - $140.

Again, once the new ones with the higher street price are out I'll be posting these on agon for my original asking price.

Thanks,

Jim

alan m. kafton

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2007, 10:28 pm »
Jim......as of February 15th, Abby's are $2000 list.  In my view, your current asking price is far too low, especially if they are in excellent condition.

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2007, 12:55 am »
This ad is cancelled pending a local sale.

Thanks,

Jim