Signal Ultra, Reality, Jena Labs For Sale or Trade

fly_fish_nz

Signal Ultra, Reality, Jena Labs For Sale or Trade
« on: 31 Jan 2007, 06:10 pm »
Hi,

I have three sets of speaker cables which I cannot use with my new Merlin Speakers,  all of which I am willing to sell outright or put towards a trade.

Here's what I have (pics below):

* Signal Cable Ultra Double Run, 8ft with spades on both ends and in excellent condition (I would need an extra set of Zobel networks to use these with the Merlins).   Stereotimes raved about these cables - full review at stereotimes.com under archives.  $155 new, sell for $90 obo.

* Jena Labs Siamese speaker cables, 8ft with cyroed bananas on both ends and in excellent condition (Merlins only accept spades).  $600+ new , sell for $250 obo.  Great way to audition the Jena magic at a reasonable price.

* Reality Cables by Greg Straley, 3ft single run (need an extra foot or two for the merlins on stands).  Spades on one end, bare wire on the other.  You can use as is, reterminate yourself, or Greg will reterminate for you for $40.  Great reviews here on audio circle, will work if your speakers are closer together than 6 ft. or for a desktop/studio system.  New these run about $195, sell for $75 obo.   

Here's what I'm interested in:

* Signal Cable Ultra single run.

* Jena Siamese with spades

* Reality cables with spades, 6ft to 8ft.

* DNM Reson speaker cables or IC's.

* Top quality, all metal, fillable speaker stands, e.g., Osiris, Target...

Signal:
Jena:

I'll try to post a pic of the Reality cables later today.

Buyer pays for priority shipping, which will probably run about $4.

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 07:19 pm by fly_fish_nz »

tanchiro58

Re: Signal Ultra, Reality, Jena Labs For Sale or Trade
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2007, 10:52 pm »
Hi,

Are the Signal speakers cables still available? To you which one you have owned is a good match with tube amp and horn speakers? Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Tan

fly_fish_nz

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2007, 12:28 am »
Hi Tan,

I just put this up a few hours ago and the Signal Cables are still available.  I used the Signals with tube preamps and tubed output stages on sources and thought they sounded great.  I haven't used them with horns, but the reviewer at Stereo Times used them with tubed input on his Monarchy amp (mosfet output) and Klipch Chorus horns and concluded that:

"For the money, nothing in my experience comes close. I will be purchasing multiples of all the SignalCable models I’ve described in this review, and smiling all the way to the bank."

I believe those were the just the basic model Signal Cables, not the Ultra's I have.

(Regarding the others: Jena Labs' philosophy is to use essentially the same materials and construction in their cables, but the much more expensive models have more strands and connectors.  On Jena's home page they show many client systems that include tube amps, so they are probably a good match.  Can't comment on the Reality cables yet; I purchased them after I bought my new Merlins, not realizing I needed spades to connect them.)

Best,

Chris

dangerbird

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2007, 01:59 am »
pm'd

fly_fish_nz

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2007, 02:28 am »
Signal Cables: Sale Pending!
« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2007, 03:07 am by fly_fish_nz »

fly_fish_nz