Another new Teres owner...coming soon

Wayne1

« on: 13 Jul 2003, 03:56 am »
Ever since I first saw and heard the Teres turntable, I wanted one... bad.

Things just got worse when Chris Brady and I shared a suite at MAF and I spent a weekend listening to it through MY speakers.

Chris and I have been talking and exchanging e-mails since then and he knew I wanted one.

Earlier in the week he called me up.

He told me that all that is selling now is the Cocobolo bases and platters. In fact, his latest run is already sold out. He just happend to have this unfinished Monkeywood base sitting around and being very lonely.

Would I be interested?

Well after a quick thought of which of my kids I could sell, I reluctantly admitted I might be willing to take it off his hands :lol:

I went up to his place today and picked up three boxes of goodies. I have ended up with a Teres 255 kit. I just finished sanding the base and armboard and applied the first coat of Tung oil. Chris suggests 10 coats. It takes about 8 hours or so for the coats to dry so if I am lucky it will ONLY be about 5 days before I can start putting the rest together.

I picked up an Expressimo modified RB-250 and I have a Shelter 501 MK II cartridge on order.

Soooo, hopefully by next weekend I will be able to figure out how to put everything together and start spinning tunes. :D

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2003, 03:59 am »
That's soooooooo awesome!!!

Welcome to the "CLUB"  :mrgreen:

BTW, I nearly came when I got mine too  :lol:

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2003, 01:34 pm »
congrads....I know the feeling of having it but not being able to spin it yet.  I am so close I can almost hear mine yet I need to get the platter done.