ART review on AA

jonbee

ART review on AA
« on: 12 Jul 2003, 07:58 pm »
I posted a review of the ART w/ standard mods and Bolder PS. I'm about to upgrade it t Mensa +, I think. Pretty amazing piece of gear, really. Thanks to Wayne, Brian Cheney, Tyson, et al for putting the word out on this.
 :D
AA Review

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
ART review on AA
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2003, 08:32 pm »
Nice review, I had the smArt in my system for quite a while before getting the Mensa.  The step up is not small (much more analog like, especially w/a bybee at the digital input - a MUST have upgrade, IMO).  If you're going up to the bybee'd mensa, prepare to stop spending money on digital front end :-)

witchdoctor

ART review on AA
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2003, 04:14 am »
I concur with Tyson, the bybee is a definite leap in improvement. It sounded even better when I sat the Mensa on Mapleshade isolation cones.

Jay S

ART review on AA
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2003, 06:58 am »
Quote from: Tyson
Nice review, I had the smArt in my system for quite a while before getting the Mensa.  The step up is not small (much more analog like, especially w/a bybee at the digital input - a MUST have upgrade, IMO).  If you're going up to the bybee'd mensa, prepare to stop spending money on digital front end :-)

The Napalm digital cable with the built-in bybee and the full ERS wrap may be a pretty useful upgrade over the "normal" bullet-plugged digital cable....   8)

bubba966

ART review on AA
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2003, 09:29 am »
Quote from: Jay S
Quote from: Tyson

The Napalm digital cable with the built-in bybee and the full ERS wrap may be a pretty useful upgrade over the "normal" bullet-plugged digital cable....   8)

So Tyson, have you heard Wayne's initial prototype NAPALM yet?...

WilliamL

Finally heard the DIO
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2003, 07:53 pm »
Guys,

I spent Saturday over at Witch Doctor's place and finally heard the Wayne Modded DIO. Awesome!!!!

I am a believer now for sure! If I can get ahold of a demo model, I would love to post a detailed review.

Cheers,
Bill

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
ART review on AA
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2003, 10:14 pm »
"Hey if the pack does come this way to NYC metro, let me know for sure as I want in. I could even host it with my system. "

Josh   Josh,

"lonewolfny42 lives in Mineola on the Island. I suggest you send him a pm to see if you and maybe Bill Laurent and he could get together."

I have the Mensa audition pack on Long Island - listening now - lots of things to try. So if witchdoctor , Bill L. , or JoshK would like , I can come into Manhattan Sat. 7/19 or Sun. 7/20 with the package - it ships out to West Bend,WI on Mon. 7/21. Let me know.