For Sale or Trade:Pair of Tannoy System 800 A (Active)

Rafal

• Artwork by Rafal Gwozdz
I have a pair of Tannoy System 800A studio monitors for sale. "A" stands for Active meaning that the speakes have built in active crossover and 2, 90w amps each (one for a tweeder and one for mid/woofer). These speakers avoid the pitfalls of passive crossover and can also be tuned to the room acoustics by adjusting high and low frequency responce. The drivers are 8" famous tannoy dual concentrics. Enough said. Those speakers represent a staggering value. New they were sold for $2600CAD and I haven't heard a passive system that would come close to them in terms of sound quality at way more then twice the price. The only system I have heard that sounds nicer is a Linn active system but the difference in price is staggering. All you need is a source with volume control (or a preamp) and you can drive those speakers directly. They are also excellent as a start of the ultimate home thatre system.
I also have a pair of stone speaker stands (with solid walnut "cheeks") that are available for sale for $300. Those stands weigh 90lbs each so a local pickup is preffered. The speakes can be shipped (shipping is extra) and will be expertly packed.

I'm asking $1200CAD I'll also trade for a nice amp (prefferably tube).
The shape:excellent (8.5/10) 8.5 is only due to the fact that they are used and one of the cabinets has a hairline scratch on top.

http://www.tannoy.com/System800A

Rafal

• Artwork by Rafal Gwozdz
Re: For Sale or Trade:Pair of Tannoy System 800 A (Active)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2007, 11:56 pm »
Anybody interested?

I will also accept best ofer.