FS: Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures, oak caps, stands, manual, boxes

Doug L

I am selling my Vandys, Odyssey Extreme Monos, Tempest Extreme preamp and Groneberg Quattro Reference cables.  I bought this complete system less than two years ago from an Audiogon member who originally purchased everything less than four years ago.  This was my first (and probably last) audiophlile system.  Even though the sound quality was everything I hoped it would be - detailed, revealing, amazing - I find I don't have the time to use it.  I have spent probably less than 100 hrs in front of these speakers in the time I have had them.  I guess I'm just not a true audiophile at heart, and I am too busy with work and other hobbies.

I'm a former musician who's moved on to a new profession and I've recently become intrigued with home recording.  I find I would rather spend my time and resources making music than listening on a high-end stereo.

These speakers can be seen in pics on the Audiogon site.  One has fine scratches on the front of the top oak cap and is a 7/10 on the Audiogon rating system.  The other is a solid 8/10.  I am located in N. Central Minnesota, and would prefer a local buyer, preferably one who is interested in the whole system.  I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hrs to meet/deliver.  I do have all the original shipping boxes, materials and manual, should shipping be necessary.

My asking price is firm at $800, plus shipping, and I already have two full-price offers from non-local buyers on the Audiogon site.  I am still hoping for a local buyer, hence this listing.
Thanks for looking.

Doug L

Sale pending.