Odyssey Mono Extremes, Tempest preamp, Groneberg Quattro Reference cable

Doug L

I am selling my Odyssey Extreme Monos, Odyssey Tempest preamp (not the Extreme version), matching Groneberg Quattro Reference cables and Vandersteen 2Ce Signature speakers.  I bought this system, in it's entirety from an Audiogon member less than 2 years ago.  He was the original owner of all these pieces and purchased them new in Feb. of 2003.  His reason for selling was a home purchase and a new wife.  My reason for selling is the realization that I am just not an audiophile at heart and I don't use the gear enough to justify keeping it.

This was my first really good stereo purchase, and I am very happy with the quality and sound of the pieces.  However, I doubt that I have listened even 100 hrs to the system since I bought it.  I am an ex-rock musician ('70's era) who has moved on into another profession, and I have little time for my hobbies.  I recently became intrigued with home recording and wish to spend my time and resources on this, rather than high-end stereo gear.

The Odyssey pieces are all a solid 8/10 by the Audiogon rating system.  They are the brushed aluminum silver face, and I have a remote for the Tempest preamp.  I have photos of all the pieces on the Audiogon site.  The Groneberg cables include 8' power cables for all 3 Odyssey pieces, and four 5' speaker cables for biamping the Vandersteens.  There are 2 interconnects as well.

My firm asking price is $1,750 for the Mono Extremes with power and speaker cables, and $600 for the Tempest  with power cable and interconnects.  I have all the original shipping boxes and manuals, and can ship via UPS, although I'd prefer a local (Minnesota) buyer.  I would be willing to drive up to 2 hrs. to meet a local buyer to deliver.  I plan to list the Vandersteens in another ad on this site, but you can view pics of them on Audiogon, as well.  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2007, 04:15 pm by Doug L »

Lkdog

Doug-

It is Ok to insert link to the Audiogon ads since you gave a full description in this ad.

Good luck. Great stuff.

Doug L

Doug L

Sale pending.

Doug L

Still available!  No sale.

dangerbird

e-mailed re; cables

Doug L

Mono Extremes, Groneberg power cables, speaker cables and interconnects sold!

Tempest preamp and one Groneberg power cable still available.

Doug

Christof

Doug
Whats your price for the Temp without the IC's?

Doug L

Tempest with one Groneberg power cable:  $550.00 plus shipping.  PayPal add 3%.  This Tempest has the silver face upgrade and a remote for volume control.  Pictures:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?preatran&1177129712&item
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2007, 03:24 am by Doug L »

Doug L

Tempest Sold!

dangerbird

anything left? cables?

dangerbird