Monster Mensa Tweak

witchdoctor

Monster Mensa Tweak
« on: 12 Jul 2003, 02:16 am »
I have lived through many Mensa upgrades. First the special bybee power
supply. Next the tubolator. Then tryed upgrading my digital cables to
cryoed version and silver bullets.
I really appreciate that Bolder Cable has such a great way to grow your system as budget allows. Each new upgrade has brought me greater listening pleasure.
The tweak I am writing about brought more clarity, air, and immediacy to the DAC in my system.
I recently bought Mapleshade Bedrock speaker stands. Awesome product my review is in the critics circle.
I went back to the well and ordered some large (2") brass ultimate triplepoint cones for around $100. They sit with the points up and the Mensa perched on top. The cones sit on a shelf in my Salamander rack which in turn is supported by Mapleshade isolators, little do jobbers made from rubber and cork.
This upgrade brought a completely different sound than any previous upgrade. The previous upgrades added more detail.
This upgrade simply focuses everything with pristine clarity and dynamics. It removes a little softness in the bass and thinness in the highs in MY system I never realized was there. After listening with them in you will not take them out.
You can further experiment with weights you place on top called heavyhats. Regretfully they won't fit in my rack.
Enjoy the life,
Doc
I A/Bed it against the vibrapods it used to sit on.

Wayne1

Monster Mensa Tweak
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2003, 02:35 pm »
Doc,

Thanks for sharing your findings :)

In my rigs I have found isolation devices to work better than direct coupling devices.

Everyone's system is a bit different and the mechanical tweaks will work differently for each set up.

Has anyone else found a good tweek that they use to improve their DI/O?

I have Herbie's Tender Foot pads under mine.