Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0

frustrated

Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
« on: 25 Jan 2007, 02:12 am »
I am looking at this unit and would like to hear from anyone with experience.  How does it compare with my Adcom 600?  How it is alone vs with the AA DTI 32 Pro?  Thanks for you thoughts.  Hope I am in the correct category. Howard

JoshK

Re: Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2007, 03:36 am »
Its got a great DAC chip, supposedly one of the best and the analog implementation is suppose to be really good too.  I haven't heard it but I know a lot of digital guru's that think its pretty good.  Not uber expensive either. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2007, 03:53 am »
I have had both the ADCOM GDA-600 and the Audio Alchemy DDE v3.  I liked the stock DDE v3 better in overall sound quality.  Dusty use to modify them with the ARM upgrade that AA had started before it was sold.  This made the unit a bit cleaner sounding to me than the stock DDE v3.  Sold the GDA-600.

The DTI Pro32 with resolution enhancement and the latest Adaptive Dithering EEPROM made the unit even sound cleaner in my setup.  I still have the system with the external Monolithic Sound MPS.  I like it alot.

The only thing so far that I have tried that surpassed it is the Perpetual Technologies P-1A/P-3A/MS PPP combo. 

frustrated

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2007, 09:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I got a note today that it was sold immediately but oddly enough a friend emailed me today and said he got a new cd player and is looking to sell his Audio Alchemy set up.  Maybe I will get lucky this time.