Bryston issue?

WEEZ

Re: Bryston issue?
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2007, 10:22 pm »
...and btw, I didn't mean to suggest a 'permanent' problem with the Bryston. I've heard Bryston with B&W many times...and "bright' is not a word that came to mind. Just sounds like maybe it should go in for a check-up...

WEEZ

Slingshotx

« Reply #21 on: 24 Jan 2007, 09:10 am »

If what ? I don't recall reading any statements made about the system issues - without the Supratek preamp in use... Are you making this up or being hypothetical ?

Steven

In danger of also being completely wrong; however is slbender's post relevant if the original poster states his system exhibits the same issues and problems without the Supratek involved in the system at all?

Slingshot

Nope not making anything up, simply reading the original post properly, maybe you should take another look :-

For a long while I have been grappling with imaging and brightness issues with my system.
I then connected the pre-outs from the Primare A30.1 to the Bryston. Imaging degraded considerably and some harshness returned. The bass is much poorer.

Regards

Slingshot.

amdan

« Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2007, 10:20 pm »
I just found my thread. I thought it had been deleted which is why I started a new thread.
In the interests of being thorough, I would like to say here that all the issues that I mentioned have been resolved.
The brightness was resolved by changing the power cord on the CD player. I am still surprised at the difference this change made.
The imaging issue had several culprits. To be specific there were 2 imaging issues. The first one where the image wandered, was solved by changing the regulators on the Supratek preamp (thanks to the posters on the Supratek thread on Audiogon). The image focus issue was solved by changing interconnects, speaker cables and using Symposium Rollerblocks.

Thanks to all of you who responded with suggestions.

For those of you who think that the Bryston and B&Ws are a bad match or individually poor components please feel free to drop by to have a listen. You will be surprised.

canucks0

« Reply #23 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:38 am »
Power cord?  :nono:

guest41324

« Reply #24 on: 25 Feb 2007, 07:07 am »
I just found my thread. I thought it had been deleted which is why I started a new thread.
In the interests of being thorough, I would like to say here that all the issues that I mentioned have been resolved.
The brightness was resolved by changing the power cord on the CD player. I am still surprised at the difference this change made.
The imaging issue had several culprits. To be specific there were 2 imaging issues. The first one where the image wandered, was solved by changing the regulators on the Supratek preamp (thanks to the posters on the Supratek thread on Audiogon). The image focus issue was solved by changing interconnects, speaker cables and using Symposium Rollerblocks.

Thanks to all of you who responded with suggestions.

For those of you who think that the Bryston and B&Ws are a bad match or individually poor components please feel free to drop by to have a listen. You will be surprised.

B&W and Bryston are not a good match and haven't been. Especially since the introduction of the 802 series. This is a loudspeaker inacapable of reproducing any semblance of live music. The proof of this is the cornucopia of recently available loudspeakers (modern designs) that any of the gentle forum readers are familiar with and prefer hands down compared to a dated and tired dinosaur of the 70's. As an aside, it may sound okay with your Luxman Integrated Amplifier. You know, synergy and all that.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 25 Feb 2007, 12:30 pm »
HI serendipity,

Interesting - so what is it about newly designed speakers in the market you feel are wrong or incorrect design criteria compared to older designs?

james

amdan

« Reply #26 on: 6 Mar 2007, 08:45 am »

B&W and Bryston are not a good match and haven't been. Especially since the introduction of the 802 series. This is a loudspeaker inacapable of reproducing any semblance of live music. The proof of this is the cornucopia of recently available loudspeakers (modern designs) that any of the gentle forum readers are familiar with and prefer hands down compared to a dated and tired dinosaur of the 70's. As an aside, it may sound okay with your Luxman Integrated Amplifier. You know, synergy and all that.

I am beginning to feel sorry I started this thread. I wish those of you who feel that the Bryston - B&W combination is a bad one would go through this thread and think about it. I was genuinely open to the idea that this is a bad combination. I started the thread in the hope that someone might be able to help. Since then I have 'tweaked' my system to completely eliminate the problem. The issue with the system was due to the pre-amp and CDP accessories and NOTHING to do with the Bryston or B&W.

I have no reason to make this up. Bryston does not have enough money to bribe me with and from what I have seen of James, his ethics would not allow it. So please tell your friends - there is a guy in Sydney who is driving B&W with Bryston and is very happy with it. Also, I will let you in on a secret - I am sure there are thousands of others just like me.