The "Aussie Pie" guidelines

JohnR

« on: 11 Jul 2003, 03:40 pm »
This circle is for Australian audiophiles! We're a bit of a long way down the page... but hey, what do you expect when you're Down Under  :lol:

While this area is intended for audio stuff -- Australian audio gear, where to buy, organizing local get-togethers and listening sessions, and so on -- any discussion with a local interest is welcome.

Kiwis are more than welcome too :-)

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 08:04 pm »
Whatever happened to TMC cables of Australia?

They are no longer posting on Audiogon.  They made some of the best sounding cables (@ amazing prices) around....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: The "Aussie Pie" guidelines
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2003, 09:28 pm »
Quote from: JohnR

Kiwis are more than welcome too :-)
                                                            Hey JohnR, I use Kiwi in my fruit cups, does that make me welcome? :wink: Actually, I spend 2 weeks in Sydney back in 1970 on an R&R from Vietnam. The Aussies are some of the nicest people I`ve ever meant. Hell, that`s where I order my Austrailian sheep wool longjohn`s from! :lol: This`ll be a great new site,,,, great idea. Regards, Robin

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2003, 09:53 pm »
I think it would be cool to have a Icelandic circle.  You could call it "The Ice Cube" :roll:

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2003, 11:58 pm »
This is a great idea JohnR.As a  Sydney boy who has lived in NZ for the past 19 years it is hard to keep up with what is happening in Audio in Aussie.Australian Hi Fi mag tends to be no help at all and stopped buying it ages ago so i mainly just stumble across stuff on the net.Also with the Rugby World cup coming soon Sydney will be humming.
Cheers
Bally

TG

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2003, 07:43 am »
Excellent move, John  :thumb: finally a place for Aussies to talk audio.  I don't count the aus.hi-fi newsgroup  :flame: or Australian Hi-Fi mag  :sleep: as any use at all so it's great to see this happening.

There seems to be quite a bit of audio, and particularly DIY, action here but it's all balkanised into little groups of mates or individuals who don't talk much outside their own circles.  I guess there's just a bigger critical mass of guys in the states to get clubs going etc.

Cheers
TG

EchiDna

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2003, 01:35 am »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
Whatever happened to TMC cables of Australia?

They are no longer posting on Audiogon.  They made some of the best sounding cables (@ amazing prices) around....

I think too many people found out the recipe to make their own DIY version...

Andy G

crickey mates....
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2003, 01:49 pm »
...what do we need guidelines for ??

Hi all..  The guys on PE and Mad boards call me "that crazy aussie" !!!
never could figure out why, oh well !! :wink:

here is my web site for those who don't know it already....

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gradds/

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2003, 01:55 pm »
Hah, Andy's not crazy... just dedicated ;-) Check out his site.

Glad you could make it Andy!!

www.planetaudio.com.au

• http://www.planetaudio.com.au
« Reply #9 on: 3 Mar 2005, 03:09 am »
Didn't even know this place existed... especially for AUSSIE's :)

Good Stuff  :D