Randy wanted four HT1's to round out his 7.1 channel home theater system. But he didn't have room in his layout for standard, stand-mounted HT1's.
So we talked about mounting them on the wall. But they had to be mounted higher on the wall so people would not hit their heads on them. That meant they needed to be oriented with the baffle angled downward toward the listening position.
We measured the angles and settled on 12 degrees.
We had already done a pair of HT3's in leopardwood veneer for Randy. So we decided to use that. But we did not have quite enough for four complete wall-mounted HT1's. So the decision was made to use walnut for the front baffles (which we had used on his original HT3's).
I got some nice walnut at a very good price. But it was just short of the width we needed. So I added a stringer of Australian lacewood that would pick up some of the colors in the leopardwood.
Of course, the baffle step compensation would not be correct if we used a standard HT1 crossover (there would be too much compensation and, thus, too much midbass). So Dennis Murphy provided some crossover modifications to remove some BSC.
Here are some pictures of the results. First head-on...
And some side shots...
Happy listening Randy!