First finished tube traps

arthurs

Re: First finished tube traps
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2007, 01:49 pm »
Thanks Dayglow!  We measured the room to find best placement which led us to what you see in the pic....we were able to address several nulls and nodes and narrow the band of the room overall, but at the end of the day you start makign tradeoffs to address anomolies, so we kind of picked best spot we could get overall and stuck there.  The decay in the room is dramatically improved, which is the more noticeable improvement sonically, to me.  The next big step, as referenced in this thread, is closing off the 10' opening at one side of the room, which will be done this week.  After that I'll be working on diffusors.....the room is overall prett balanced, and dead quiet without being dead at this point, so I'm extremely happy with the results so far...

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:57 pm »
arthurs,

As you know,I have built a number of diffusors and experimented with that. Bass trapping is next on my priority list of things to do next in my system. I think that room treatment should be considered part of your system. I will probably emulate what you have done. The results look fantastic, and considering the issues you seem to have greatly ameliorated, seem to work tremendously well.

Great job, and thanks for the follow up.  :thumb:

Cheers

arthurs

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2007, 09:24 pm »
Let me know if I can help when you get to the traps, I may be able to spare you a few learnings....and keep me posted on diffusors, they're next up for me after the room enclosure is all finished and the room is reassembled.  Art

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2007, 10:00 pm »
Yup. Will do. I'll keep in touch.

For those of you interested, here is the link to arthurs bass traps:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery

Cheers

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2007, 01:19 am »
art, we need some new pictures!!! :)

arthurs

« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2007, 02:02 am »
Working on it Marvin, not quite ready yet.  The drywall and door install are all done and we just finished painting and patching today (ended up painting the whole room)  I'll get around to re-positioning some of the panels I have this week, and finishing out the remaining smaller traps.  Then I'll need to figure out diffusors, unless Daygloworange is going to let me beta some of those in his gallery he's working on. :thumb:

Ideally, I'd like to be able to paint whatever I do the color of the walls, but will work through that if it's not possible...maybe Brian can free up next weekend for some new pictures.  In about 20 minutes I'm going to fire up my system for the first time in 3 weeks, whew! :thumb:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #26 on: 12 Feb 2007, 02:06 am »
arthurs,

Here's a link describing how I did my diffusors.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=34837.0

BTW, make sure to remind Danny to play you that drum stuff through the LS 6's, and report back to me.

Cheers :drums:
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2007, 02:43 pm by Daygloworange »