What movie(s) are you most anticipated to seeing in '07 ?

patrickperry

ajzepp

Re: What movie(s) are you most anticipated to seeing in '07 ?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:31 pm »
Surprisingly enough (to me, anyway!) I'm looking forward to Spiderman 3 the most. I thought the first two were very good, but I happen to think Thomas Hayden Church and Topher Grace are two of the most charismatic actors in Hollywood. I'm very curious to see what sort of vibe they bring to the franchise. We already know their performances will be stellar, but hopefully the writers did their job and gave them what they need to really make this flick rock.

next to that, I'm looking forward to all the great indy flicks that I haven't heard of yet, but that will no doubt out-shine the vast majority of big budget films

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:47 pm »
Yeah...Spidey 3 for me, hands down...

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:56 pm »
Yeah...Spidey 3 for me, hands down...
QFT

gitarretyp

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:38 pm »
I'm looking forward to spidey 3 also. Topher Grace is a good actor, but i'm still having trouble rapping my head around him as vemon!?

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:49 pm »
That's how I felt when I heard Tobey Maguire was playing Spidey  :scratch:

PhilNYC

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:52 pm »
I'm looking forward to spidey 3 also. Topher Grace is a good actor, but i'm still having trouble rapping my head around him as vemon!?

I think he was chosen because he looks a little bit like Tobey MaGuire...and that plays well in the storyline...

gitarretyp

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2007, 08:17 pm »
That's how I felt when I heard Tobey Maguire was playing Spidey  :scratch:

I thought tobey was a reasonable choice. Spider-man is built only to moderately athletic standards and is supposed to be a geek, but venom/brock is supposed to be large, exceptionally muscular, and angry.

PhilNYC

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2007, 08:25 pm »

I thought tobey was a reasonable choice. Spider-man is built only to moderately athletic standards and is supposed to be a geek, but venom/brock is supposed to be large, exceptionally muscular, and angry.

Much of that size, however, is artificial, since the symbiote is also a bit of a shape-shifter...

Folsom

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2007, 08:25 pm »
Brock became that way after some ordeal with spiderman/peter parker. He decided to become a super athlete because of something in the story.

I agree that actor is not saying venom to me...

Anyone else think it would be fun to be Venom? Preferably if you could control the primal urges it brings out. (it actually is not as evil as Brock, I read the history, it dislikes him but sort of got trapped with him for awhile)

gitarretyp

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2007, 08:52 pm »
Brock became that way after some ordeal with spiderman/peter parker. He decided to become a super athlete because of something in the story.

Anyone else think it would be fun to be Venom? Preferably if you could control the primal urges it brings out. (it actually is not as evil as Brock, I read the history, it dislikes him but sort of got trapped with him for awhile)

He adopted the work-out regime because he wanted to get back at spider-man for supposedly ruining his career and marriage.

From marvel database: "Before he came into contact with the costume, Brock had conditioned himself to lift (press) almost 700 lb." Brock was 6'3" 260 lbs pre-venom. The symbiote increased his attributes, but he was huge before that.

Se7en

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2007, 09:21 pm »
His Dark Materials, The Golden Compass. Based on the Phillip Pullman books. Good read!

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

ajzepp

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2007, 10:45 pm »
Ah okay, you guys are educating me here...I am not familiar with the Venom character from the comics, so I was under the impression that he was supposed to be the 'dark side' of spiderman. I guess I figured that since Topher and Tobey are so similar physically. My bad!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2007, 12:05 am »
Surprisingly enough (to me, anyway!) I'm looking forward to Spiderman 3 the most.

I just caugt Spidey 2 the other night for the first time and now I am also eager to see Spiderman 3.

I also want to see Happy Feet. Something about that movie makes me want to see it.

My son just left a few minutes ago to see Stomp the Yard which looks good too.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2007, 01:38 am »

He adopted the work-out regime because he wanted to get back at spider-man for supposedly ruining his career and marriage.

From marvel database: "Before he came into contact with the costume, Brock had conditioned himself to lift (press) almost 700 lb." Brock was 6'3" 260 lbs pre-venom. The symbiote increased his attributes, but he was huge before that.

Well if Topher can pull it off he would show he has real chops...he needs to shake the "That 70s Show" mystique - first he needs to loose the cute hairdo

gitarretyp

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2007, 06:37 am »
Well if Topher can pull it off he would show he has real chops...he needs to shake the "That 70s Show" mystique - first he needs to loose the cute hairdo

He showed some real potential in In Good Company and Traffic. A teen star that went from psuedo-dorky role to a very talented actor is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Brick and Mysterious Skin were both excellent films.