FET Valve pre amp

CE2

FET Valve pre amp
« on: 12 Jan 2007, 02:06 pm »
 8)  Pro Audio Review magazine  John Gatski January 2007 issue.  Editor uses VanAlstine pre amp w/phono for high quality LP to DVD-A dubs.  He saves the pristine LP analog sound by dubbing to digital DVD-A on first play so not to wear off high freqs.  Subscribe to Pro Audio review  great stuff, no wire nonsense, just REAL, audio subjects, based on reality and real aduio desing  Pro Audio Review is available on- line   www.proaudioreview.com   Great articles about pro stuff and lotsa useable stuff for home.  No $22K wire reviews to make ya nuts.

avahifi

Re: FET Valve pre amp
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2007, 04:53 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  I note that Mr. Gatski is still using a Transcendence Seven EC preamp we build for him in 1995.  I have requested that he return it to us for an upgrade.

Frank Van Alstine

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2007, 09:31 pm »
To follow up, I heard back from Mr. Gatski today and he will be sending the preamp back for upgrade in a couple of weeks.

He reports he has had several offers from audio pros to buy the preamp from him, but has declined because it is his favorite over the past decade.

I just hope we don't screw it up with the improvements and give him back something he does not like as much.

Gonna do it anyway, that has not happened yet hereabouts. :)

Frank

Toka

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2007, 09:54 pm »
Great story! Thanks for posting.

And Frank...hopefully all those guys who offered to buy his unit were referred to you!