Differences Between Bryston 7BST and 7BSST

nagias

Differences Between Bryston 7BST and 7BSST
« on: 12 Jan 2007, 02:45 am »
Hi,
I am looking for guidance on sonic differences between two amps.
As background, I am looking at upgrading my amps and am considering going with either the 7BST or the 7BSSTs. The system consists of a Lexicon 12BHD with Aerial 9 speakers for front L/R and CC5. The sides currently SR3 will be upgraded most likely to LR5s or LR3 and the rears are CC3 speakers.  I will be replacing seven amps, so I would like to understand what improvements I would be getting by going with the more expensive BSSTs.
Thanks in advance for the input

-n 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Differences Between Bryston 7BST and 7BSST
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2007, 04:54 pm »
Hi,
I am looking for guidance on sonic differences between two amps.
As background, I am looking at upgrading my amps and am considering going with either the 7BST or the 7BSSTs. The system consists of a Lexicon 12BHD with Aerial 9 speakers for front L/R and CC5. The sides currently SR3 will be upgraded most likely to LR5s or LR3 and the rears are CC3 speakers.  I will be replacing seven amps, so I would like to understand what improvements I would be getting by going with the more expensive BSSTs.
Thanks in advance for the input

-n 

Hi nagias

The SST has a completely different output/input section and power supply section.

james

nagias

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2007, 03:04 am »
James,
Thanks. Your response suggests that there are some sonic differences between the them. I should therefore not consider using the 7BSSTs for the fronts/Center and the 7BSTs for the sides and rears?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2007, 04:49 pm »
James,
Thanks. Your response suggests that there are some sonic differences between the them. I should therefore not consider using the 7BSSTs for the fronts/Center and the 7BSTs for the sides and rears?

Hi nagies,

Yes the differences in sound are not subtle so I would definitely use the SST's up front.

james

nagias

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2007, 01:34 am »
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.