Modwright Old Power Supply

DavidS

Modwright Old Power Supply
« on: 11 Jan 2007, 01:54 am »
I just received the new tube power supply for my 999 es.  I am in Canada and with shipping and potential duty just wasn't worth shipping old one back to Dan so purchased a new one and now have two supplies.  Just wondering if there are any good ideas of what to do with the old power supply - don't think it can be used in place of other power supplies - for example with my squeezebox - so any experience or ideas short of shipping it back to Dan to recycle.

David

AB

Re: Modwright Old Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2007, 02:14 am »
The first thing to do is swap them back and forth and hear how each one sounds and then report back here.

The second thing is to use it as a vibration dampening tweek on top of your CD player.

:wink:

Or you could add it to that ever increasing pile of old audio gear that's stashed in your guest bedroom's closet.

mattybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2007, 07:16 pm »
Please post your observations, I would be interested as I am sure many would.

I sent mine in on Tuesday, should get it back in a couple weeks.  Cant wait.

Matty

PS - Maybe Dan would have an idea?

DavidS

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:01 am »
I will give the new power supply a week or so to burn in and then put old one back in and compare.  Sounded pretty good right out of the box - have no idea whether power supplies and tubes need to burn in a bit but would guess so - just don't know much about power supplies.  Included is whether it could be used to supply power for other units (probably not).  Sounds like a boat anchor or maybe box for future diy project.

David