Saw Ryan Adams live on the 4th of July...

JoshK

« on: 9 Jul 2003, 05:09 pm »
For Free!! He played along with the opening act, Jesse Malin, a free concert in Battery Park.  Was a great concert and not as crowded as I would have expected.  Ryan Adams I thought sounded really good, well his band anyway, he was having really bad allergies or sinuses and so his voice suffered a bit but the band really rocked out.

This was the first time I had heard Jesse Malin.  As some of you may know, Ryan Adams signed him and helped him produce the album.  Good stuff and they sounded great live.

jackman

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2003, 05:16 pm »
I caught Ryan's solo acoustic show in Chicago.  It was at the Metro, a really small intimate club.  He totally rocked and even joined the croud for a couple shots at the bar.  He also asked if anyone in the audience had any weed!  That's a first in my experience.  Anyway, for as wasted as he was, he never missed a note and put on a great show.  One of my favorites.  I've been a fan since Whiskey Town.

Jman

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2003, 05:26 pm »
Yeah actually he walked right past us while Jesse was on smiled at us and stopped and talked to some people in the crowd next to us.  Seems pretty down the earth.  Was also talking about maryjane a bit at this concert.