Sold-Sony STR-DA5000ES S-master Pro-Digital HT receiver-Sold

TIC

I'm going to be listing my Sony STR-DA5000ES on AudiogoN in a few days. Will sell here first for a small discount. Mine is silver, in perfect cosmetic and functional condition and comes with all original accessories including 2 remotes, manuals and original box. I'll be listing it for $475 on AudiogoN. Photos available to serious potential buyers.

Enjoy,

TIC
(Tom In Cincinnati)
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2007, 08:21 pm by TIC »

TIC

Re: Sony STR-DA5000ES S-master Pro-Digital HT receiver
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2007, 05:09 pm »
Last chance. Off to AudiogoN by tomorrow evening. This is a great digital receiver. It has great build quality, looks really awesome (and expensive) and sounds great. Has dual remotes for mutli-zone. It also has 2 pair of main speaker outputs. Add that to 2 channels of multi-zone amplification and you can have 3 pair of speakers in different rooms, all powered by one receiver.

Has excellent conponent video upconversion for one video cable connection to your TV. All of my composite, s-video and component video sources are connected to this receiver with only a single component video cable connect to the TV. Works great!

Enjoy,

TIC

nickspicks

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2007, 05:15 pm »
GREAT amp, and a decent price.

fwiw...and i've posted this a few times...
these amps convert all incoming, be them analog or digital, to DSD.  Then routed through its proprietary 1bit DAC...(I speculate some Meitner code is involved here someplace) before returning or turning to the analog domain, right before heading out to the speakers.

strip all the DSP crap, EQ..etc, and run it in two channel direct mode...tweak the DC phase setting...and its a pretty sweet all in one box.  just send a signal.

S-Master PRO technology rocks!
I hope this stays in the family here.

TIC

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2007, 07:49 pm »
Hey Nick,

I bought the STR-DA5000ES based mostly on your comments at Oade Brothers forum and here. It turned out to be a very good receiver and has lasted longer in my system than any other receiver in the last 6-7 years. It's been a beauty!

I'm hoping to keep in the S-Master Pro family myself. I want to downsize to a Sony AVD-S5000ES or AVD-C7000ES all-in-one to use until I get my new home built.

Enjoy,

TIC

TIC

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2007, 03:17 am »
Bump!

Will go on AudiogoN by the end of the weekend.

Package discount if sold with matching Sony DVP-NS999ES DVD/SACD/CD player which I also have listed.

TIC

TIC

Re: Sold-Sony STR-DA5000ES S-master Pro-Digital HT receiver-Sold
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2007, 08:22 pm »
Sold in 2 days on AudiogoN! I love it!

TIC